Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloaded first, then a legit copy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Downloaded first, then a legit copy? Empty Downloaded first, then a legit copy?

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 19:35

Okay so, I torrented both the base game and Get to Work. They work fine and all, no issues. But a friend just gifted me a legitimate copy of the base game (not knowing I had a pirated copy). I kind of wanted to just use it to download junk from the gallery.

Can I login and do that now, or will it mess up everything in the pirated copy? (or alternatively, get the origin account banned or something)

Thank you kindly for your time.

Back to top Go down

Downloaded first, then a legit copy? Empty Re: Downloaded first, then a legit copy?

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 20:21

I did this same thing lol, You basically have to uninstall what you already have and just copy out your save folder if you want to keep that,then just reinstall get to work.
A lot of popular builders and content creators usually give package files instead of a link to the gallery which means you can bypass origin and would basically make it pointless to go through the process of uninstalling.

Back to top Go down

Downloaded first, then a legit copy? Empty Re: Downloaded first, then a legit copy?

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 20:30

Thank you! I've been debating just sticking to the package files. It seems a lot easier. If absolutely anything, I can transfer the downloaded gallery files (they end up in the Tray folder or some such, right?) and transfer? Would that work?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Apr 2015, 15:24

scubasuba wrote:Thank you! I've been debating just sticking to the package files. It seems a lot easier. If absolutely anything, I can transfer the downloaded gallery files (they end up in the Tray folder or some such, right?) and transfer? Would that work?

Sorry for the belated reply,

But I honestly don't recommend you un-install our pirated Sims 4 game for a legit one. Later on, when new expansions & DLC come out, you will regret it, probably.

You could, however, install the legit game on another computer (if you have access to a second machine that is). And yes, the gallery stuff is saved in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Tray. And you should be able to transfer the stuff over to another computer too, but just make sure to out the files into the right location (on the second computer, with your pirated game).

Hope this helps !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top