Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOLUTION! Getting stuck at loading screens after installing Get to work. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SOLUTION! Getting stuck at loading screens after installing Get to work. [SOLVED] Empty SOLUTION! Getting stuck at loading screens after installing Get to work. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 01:25

Hi!

So I recently installed the expansion pack Sims 4 get to work using the torrent that G4TW provided. But now when I am playing the game I always get stuck at certain loading screens. For an example, I can go into my sims lot and play in my sims neighbourhood but when I want to buy a retail store I get stuck at the loading screen right before I can choose which lot I want to buy. I am also getting stuck at the loading screen when I want to back out of building a lot where no one lives. I keep find more and more loading screens where I get stuck. What have I done wrong and how can I fix this? The game is unplayable like this.

To explain the problem a little easier, some of my loading screens are infinite.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also I do not have any mods installed. I do have custom content though, but only with items from the base game and I have tried to start the game after I have removed the files where the custom content is.

Last edited by Paulsson94 on Sat 11 Apr 2015, 13:16; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

SOLUTION! Getting stuck at loading screens after installing Get to work. [SOLVED] Empty Re: SOLUTION! Getting stuck at loading screens after installing Get to work. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 09 Apr 2015, 12:29

Paulsson94 wrote:Hi!

So I recently installed the expansion pack Sims 4 get to work using the torrent that G4TW provided. But now when I am playing the game I always get stuck at certain loading screens. For an example, I can go into my sims lot and play in my sims neighbourhood but when I want to buy a retail store I get stuck at the loading screen right before I can choose which lot I want to buy. I am also getting stuck at the loading screen when I want to back out of building a lot where no one lives. I keep find more and more loading screens where I get stuck. What have I done wrong and how can I fix this? The game is unplayable like this.

To explain the problem a little easier, some of my loading screens are infinite.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also I do not have any mods installed. I do have custom content though, but only with items from the base game and I have tried to start the game after I have removed the files where the custom content is.

//MOVED

Hello and sorry for the belated reply,

Problems can be caused by CC in general, so even items like clothes, makeup, custom hair, etc. Do you have any of these things ?

It might look radical, but try navigating to My Documents/Electronic Arts/ and there, change the name of the folder "The Sims 4" into anything you like - for the moment.

Re-start the game, make a temporary new save and play on. See if you notice any improvements. Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

SOLUTION! Getting stuck at loading screens after installing Get to work. [SOLVED] Empty Re: SOLUTION! Getting stuck at loading screens after installing Get to work. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 23:31

Carlos wrote://MOVED

Hello and sorry for the belated reply,

Problems can be caused by CC in general, so even items like clothes, makeup, custom hair, etc. Do you have any of these things ?

It might look radical, but try navigating to My Documents/Electronic Arts/ and there, change the name of the folder "The Sims 4" into anything you like - for the moment.

Re-start the game, make a temporary new save and play on. See if you notice any improvements. Good luck for now !

Hi no problem, I guess there are loads of people asking question now when Get to work is released.

So what I did now was just as you said. I renamed the sims 4 folder in my documents and started up a new sims household and it worked. I did not get stuck at loading screens and everything else loaded up fine. But still I know I do not have any CC at all so I just copied my save folder from the original The sims 4 folder in to the new one in my documents. But then when I started the game and tried to play on my old sim I got stuck at loading screens again and maps did not load up. So I guess my save is corrupted in some way. I really do not want to loose my sims because this is the only sim I have played with sense the Sims 4 came out, so is there any way for me to be able to keep my sims? Maybe just save the sim and his progress/stats and copy his house into a CC and bring that into a new save, would that work? What do you think I should do?

//MOVED

Thanks for everything! I solved the problem now but I still do not know what specific file caused the problem. What I did was create a new The sims 4 folder in the my documents and started the game so it creates new files in that folder. Then i only moved over my .save files from the saves folder. I did not move over the folders in my saves folder because when I did that last time the game still could not load up stuff. But now everything works just as it should. So there was probably some file in the folders in my save folder that caused the problem. I hope if someone else has this problem I will provide you with the solution now.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 13 Apr 2015, 17:41

Paulsson94 wrote:
Hi no problem, I guess there are loads of people asking question now when Get to work is released.

So what I did now was just as you said. I renamed the sims 4 folder in my documents and started up a new sims household and it worked. I did not get stuck at loading screens and everything else loaded up fine. But still I know I do not have any CC at all so I just copied my save folder from the original The sims 4 folder in to the new one in my documents. But then when I started the game and tried to play on my old sim I got stuck at loading screens again and maps did not load up. So I guess my save is corrupted in some way. I really do not want to loose my sims because this is the only sim I have played with sense the Sims 4 came out, so is there any way for me to be able to keep my sims? Maybe just save the sim and his progress/stats and copy his house into a CC and bring that into a new save, would that work? What do you think I should do?

//MOVED

Thanks for everything! I solved the problem now but I still do not know what specific file caused the problem. What I did was create a new The sims 4 folder in the my documents and started the game so it creates new files in that folder. Then i only moved over my .save files from the saves folder. I did not move over the folders in my saves folder because when I did that last time the game still could not load up stuff. But now everything works just as it should. So there was probably some file in the folders in my save folder that caused the problem. I hope if someone else has this problem I will provide you with the solution now.

Thanks for sharing that solution with us, I'm sure it will be of use to other people too. Smile  

As the problem seems solved, I will close the thread now. Have fun ! And feel free to open a new topic, anytime. Wink 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top