Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't remove debug item from lot. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't remove debug item from lot. [SOLVED] Empty Can't remove debug item from lot. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 14 Apr 2015, 20:38

Hi all,

Problem : I placed a debug item on my lot and I can't remove it. 
The item is outside my sims home. I am able to click on the item which only gives me the option to "Throw Away". If I tell my sims to do so she will complain that she cannot throw the item away.

Things I have tried :

Moving the item in build mode - I cannot click/select the item at all, the game knows that I am clicking on "something" by playing  a sound but does nothing more than that.

Removing with sledge hammer tool - Once I click on the item, the pop up message "This item cannot be deleted" is shown.

Testingcheats true's shift click - This works and gives me the option to "Reset Object (Debug)" and "Set as Head"

Reset Object (Debug) - After selecting this option I 'normal' clicked on the object and chose "Throw Away" which my sims still told me she could not do so.

All my sims 4 content is from G4TW. I have Get to Work installed (along with the fix in it). I really dont know how to get rid of this item. It has an annoying 'soiled food' cloud which bothers me when I'm playing.

Please help!
Here is the item
Can't remove debug item from lot. [SOLVED] 04-14-10

Back to top Go down

Can't remove debug item from lot. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't remove debug item from lot. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 Apr 2015, 23:55

Hello,

I tried it myself now (and did various things), but I couldn't delete the items either. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  I guess this is some sort of glitch that needs to be fixed. Sorry...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't remove debug item from lot. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't remove debug item from lot. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2015, 09:37

Ive got an item in my inventory Ive had there since before Outdoor Retreat that from an outdoor grill. Sausages i think. Until EA make a patch to fix it then its going to be stuck for a while. Pretty sure theres a thread on the issue on the official sims forums. Best thing is to put it in your inventory and just leave it there

See here its the same type of issue http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/810806/food-grilled-in-gf-now-in-family-inventory

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Apr 2015, 13:32

hawkbs wrote:Best thing is to put it in your inventory and just leave it there

Personally, I would actually suggest leaving it on the lot, instead of dragging it around and possibly carrying that into another lot. Especially considering it's not very likely that a fix for this minor issue is going to come anytime soon, in my opinion.

If you don't have a nice house (and/or want to move your sims anyway), just move elsewhere in the neighborhood, and leave those non-deleteable items on the old lot.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 May 2015, 16:11

Just so you know. I left the lot and just didnt play that save again. I might just save my sims in the library and make a new game and put them in there. Not sure yet but just so you know it's not bothering me because I'm not looking at it lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Jun 2015, 21:33

xWaterlily wrote:Just so you know. I left the lot and just didnt play that save again. I might just save my sims in the library and make a new game and put them in there. Not sure yet but just so you know it's not bothering me because I'm not looking at it lol.

Sorry for the belated reply (as I've been absent for nearly a month now),

But that may be the easiest solution indeed. Smile  I consider the problem "solved", hence I'll close the thread. Feel free to PM me though if you find out anything new about this problem, so that I can re-open the thread. Have fun again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top