Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't save the codex.cfg to remove a DLC. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't save the codex.cfg to remove a DLC. [SOLVED] Empty Can't save the codex.cfg to remove a DLC. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 12 Apr 2018, 03:24

So, I'm trying ro remove the Cats and Dogs + Jungle Adventure + Pet stuff DLCs since my computer is 32bit OS and I think it won't work (and I can  live without them), but I can't save the codex.cfg file when I delete the portion of the entry to remove them, it won't give me permission. A window pops up saying "access denied".

Can't save the codex.cfg to remove a DLC. [SOLVED] SELWh9x

Also, I'm supposed to save this as a text file or choose the second option and just name it "code.cfg" to replace the other?

Can't save the codex.cfg to remove a DLC. [SOLVED] CDpucWh
1) save as .txt
2: show every file

Back to top Go down

Can't save the codex.cfg to remove a DLC. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't save the codex.cfg to remove a DLC. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 12 Apr 2018, 11:34

As you want to delete all DLC's after Toddler's Stuff simply act as follows:

1. Delete the existing folder Game from your install folder (f.e. Program Files\The Sims 4)
2. Copy the folder Game from your Toddler's Stuff download to the install folder.
3. If you need the diskspace you can delete the folders for Cats & Dogs, Laundry, Jungle and First Pets.

When that's done and you start the game you will of course get an error stating that your game needs an update via Origin as it has a lower version number.
Open the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\Los Sims and delete the file GameVersion.txt.

Maybe you must also change the language for your Game.

Back to top Go down

Can't save the codex.cfg to remove a DLC. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can't save the codex.cfg to remove a DLC. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 12 Apr 2018, 20:13

Welcome to the Forum @KobayashiTheo,

Another possibility: you can save the (modified) codex.cfg to the desktop, and then copy/paste it to where your TS4 is installed, and into the Game\Bin subfolder.

Replace the old codex.cfg when prompted. Then start up the game again. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Apr 2018, 23:58

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Welcome to the Forum @KobayashiTheo,

Another possibility: you can save the (modified) codex.cfg to the desktop, and then copy/paste it to where your TS4 is installed, and into the Game\Bin subfolder.

Replace the old codex.cfg when prompted. Then start up the game again. Good luck!
Thanks, I could replace it!

still can't play bc a black screen appear and the game crash tho

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 23 Apr 2018, 17:57

KobayashiTheo wrote:Thanks, I could replace it!

still can't play bc a black screen appear and the game crash tho

Problem solved, topic closed. (belated reply  Haters gonna hate ). Have fun!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top