Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GTW does not work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GTW does not work Empty GTW does not work

Post by Guest Wed 15 Apr 2015, 19:13

I currently have the G4TW sims 4 downloaded and working on my laptop and it does work with origin (it shows up as owned if I go onto my packs whilst in the game), but since the GTW does not work when used with origin, that doesn't show up as in the packs, and I am unable to access the content. 

I have tried to run sims 4 without origin but it says then that origin must be running for it to work, and did so even after I installed the ultimate fix. Currently, with my security software I have excluded the whole electronic arts folder in program files to try and stop the problem, but still the expansion does not work. 

Also I have previously uninstalled and re-installed the sims 4, GTW and the ultimate fix, but the same thing still happens. I can still play on the sims 4, but i can't access any of the GTW content (which is annoying because it looks so good). #

Thanks

Back to top Go down

GTW does not work Empty Re: GTW does not work

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Apr 2015, 23:37

muffybo wrote:I currently have the G4TW sims 4 downloaded and working on my laptop and it does work with origin (it shows up as owned if I go onto my packs whilst in the game), but since the GTW does not work when used with origin, that doesn't show up as in the packs, and I am unable to access the content. 

I have tried to run sims 4 without origin but it says then that origin must be running for it to work, and did so even after I installed the ultimate fix. Currently, with my security software I have excluded the whole electronic arts folder in program files to try and stop the problem, but still the expansion does not work. 

Also I have previously uninstalled and re-installed the sims 4, GTW and the ultimate fix, but the same thing still happens. I can still play on the sims 4, but i can't access any of the GTW content (which is annoying because it looks so good). #

Thanks

Hello,

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

You may have read it already, but still, hav another look at that. If you really did everything from there, and re-aplied the "Get to Work" files (according to the included instructions), then there isn't much left for me to do, unfortunately.

The game works fine for me, as well as most other people.

And in those cases which it doesn't work, people almost always have a variety of different (!) anti-virus programs installed on the same machine. And: people then realize that it may not be a good idea to have all these programs, and panick. They then screw up when un-installing those programs, usually. For example, they don't re-boot after the un-install, which should be done, always.

Recently, I get lots of TeamViewer requests by people, but there isn't much I can do. If your system is so "damaged" already by a variety of (improperly un-installed ?) anti-virus software, then the only chance you have is a re-install of Windows. And then, you should also be aware of the fact that you should NEVER have more than one anti-virus program on the system. That's all I can say.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top