Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 "Get To Work" doesn't actually get to work for me. [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 "Get To Work" doesn't actually get to work for me. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4 "Get To Work" doesn't actually get to work for me. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 05:03

Hello, the download isn't working for me. What I did.

1. download GTW, I already had the base game from yall.
  2. completely exited origin, turn off my firewall and my windows defender. I have no other antivirus software.
  3. I copied all the files from GTW to my sims 4 folder.
  4. ran the game with no problems EXCEPT for the fact that there was no GTW in the game. The base game is the exception to my firewall and my windows defender.
  5. deleted the folders and repeated steps 1-4 for 2 days now. 

I even went so far as to uninstall the base game, re-download it and re install it, with no problems whatsoever. The game runs perfectly, but GTW is not coming up. 

Now, I don't know if this means anything to yall, but I can only add the base game folders (installer, data, etc) as exceptions on windows defender. Whenever I try to add the files from the GTW folders, they never show up meaning I don't even see them anywhere to add them in, even from my desktop. I don't know if that is a clue for yall as to what I'm doing or what, but I would really like to know some ideas. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 "Get To Work" doesn't actually get to work for me. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 "Get To Work" doesn't actually get to work for me. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 06:46

owwww i know how to fix that what antivirus program do you have

Last edited by portcitygirl4 on Tue 07 Apr 2015, 06:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : What fir wall program do you have i meant)

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 "Get To Work" doesn't actually get to work for me. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 "Get To Work" doesn't actually get to work for me. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 06:58

I have Microsoft windows defender and Microsoft firewall. They came with the computer, windows 8.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 06:59

ok hold on ...brb

//EDIT

try this http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-port-windows-firewall#1TC=windows-7

//EDIT

go to inbound rules on the left of the screen inside the box.... click on it
on the right side of the box you'll see a list of things 
to make it easier click on the top part of it (where it says names ) then everything will be in order

everything associated with the Sims 4 click on it and ENABLE it

but don't forget the ( This installers data base contains....) you have to make the column long enough so you can see the name (whole name of the file) and if you unsure extend the program column and look for the destination folder associated with the Sims 4 and enable all of that its should work don't feel bad if it doesn't im doing the same-thing with you we are in the same boat....

so here we go (finger crossed)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 18:43

Ok, I'm confused on the "this installers data base contains" part, where exactly did you find that and do I need to turn off all my antivirus software again to do this correctly?

//EDIT

Ok, I think that I'm starting to see the problem. I don't think my computer actually recognize the GTW4 folders.

I did the instructions you told me, but when I tried to enable all the sims 4 things (I had 4 of them to enable), I noticed that they all were linked to the same folder "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe". It doesn't allow me to link the installers, data, etc folders to it, just this one. Is that's how it suppose to be?

//EDIT

I'm also missing a file within the folders. One part of the instructions says to go into the installer folder and click the “vcredist_x86.exe” and “vcredist_x64.exe”, but I only have the 86. Where's the 64?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 20:27

yeah I only had that one file to. In the Sims 4 Go to Work folder it should be there if you want to use just that one thing you can, but if it's not in the folder then it might not be there on purpose so I'd just leave it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 20:59

Well thanks for the help. So far nothing worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 21:02

Im sorry but your not alone. I couldnt get mine to work either while you were trying it so was I and we pretty much came to the same conclusion together i swear Ive tried everything and still nothing. I even uninstalled my antivirus and downloaded Avast, the same thing that was used in the little slide show on how to get it to work when you the the Origins error...... so ill try that and if that doesn't work then ....i don't know im calling it quits...been doing this for 3 days now with no relief.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 21:05

It's been 3 days for me as well. I can't even get the Sims 4 update fix to work for me. I'm still at 1.0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 21:06

are you using the link on the site hmmmm what it s um when you click it looks like a big "M" as your downloading the file?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 21:13

The website that it sends me to download the file is called Mega

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 21:13

yea are you using that one ......OMG yes that took 4ever dont use that one the other links are up now not sure if you checked or not

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 21:17

Yep! I download the newest one today that they upload on April 6th. Took forever to actually download and it still didn't update.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 21:18

it should its 5.1 right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 21:30

same here the base game works but  (GTW) doesnt work Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 21:32

I think so, but it's still 1.0.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 21:39

really i changed my anti virus and im unsure if my crack was cleaned so im doing loading Sim 4, Sim4 Go to work, and the Sims 4 Ultimate fix and that was 15 min and im almost done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 21:49

Let me know how that works for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 22:19

they are done found something new going to try that ...brb (finger crossed)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 22:51

So I found something else on one of the forum topic. Carlos said to download a crack. Its in one of the most recent forum post. I would post it, but I'm not allowed to post external links for several days.

"Go inside the "Bin" folder there and copy the 3 files. Paste them to your base game/Bin folder, replacing all of the original files. Good luck !"

It didn't work for me, but it might work for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 23:27

ok yeah that's what I saw too we will see downloaded everything over and the crack we will see

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 01:02

Well I got the game to update to 1.5, but GTW still isn't on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 04:50

nope....Ive done EVERYTHING LIKE 12 TIMES.
Ive downloaded Sims 4, Sims 4 go to work, and the ultimate fix and the crack.

uninstalled my anti virus and download Avast. so i could make SURE i did what i was supposed to

added all the extensions like i was suppose to and I still get the unable to play the game without Origins. so im giving it up until someone fixes this.... or offers a solution that works for me....

//EDIT

let me know if you find something that works....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 19:59

Nothing is working and I noticed the admin is answering everyone else questions and I'm just wondering when he's gonna get to this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 20:13

Check your "Wndows Control Panel --> Programs and Features" and delete ALL programs which could interfere with your firewall and/or internet connection.

I had no antivirus application on my laptop at all but still got the "Origin is currently not running" error so i was suspicious that i could have another application on my PC, so i uninstalled every apllication i didn´t use anymore or were unimportant or freeware application which had names like "... Network .." and so on (Do not uninstall important applications though, you could screw your pc, so better ask your brother / sister / father or whoever who are familier with the PC)

After that you should restart your pc and the game (it doesn´t matter if you use the .exe or a shortcut) should start right away with ALL the DLC´s and whats most important : without Origin running in the background. Smile

Good luck folks, i hope all of you will be able to play this game soon. I was fighting since 8 days with it and it finally works for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top