Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My teen sims cannot do her homework?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My teen sims cannot do her homework? Empty My teen sims cannot do her homework?

Post by Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 18:51

I use cheat to change my child sims to teen. But she cannot do her homework after she is teen.
Is there anyone who experiencing the same? The option for homework is only 'place to the world'

Back to top Go down

My teen sims cannot do her homework? Empty Re: My teen sims cannot do her homework?

Post by Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 19:10

I don't have The Sims 4 installed right now, so I can't check this, but I think they have different homework for kids and teens. If the teen did not get a new homework after going to school, you can buy a new homework from a bookshelf the same way you buy books (you might need to use a adult sim).

Back to top Go down

My teen sims cannot do her homework? Empty Re: My teen sims cannot do her homework?

Post by Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 19:13

There is a homework in her inventory, but she cannot do it. 
I've tried see the bookshelf but I don't know what kind of homework I should buy for her?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 19:16

Your Sim probably has the homework for kids, but she can't use it anymore because she is no longer a kid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 19:17

So.. any idea what I should do to improve her grades?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 19:35

Did she go to school at least once as a teen? Maybe she will receive a new homework from there (as I said, I don't have THE SIMS 4 installed right now, but this is the way it worked in THE SIMS 3). If not, try to buy a new homework.
According to The Sims Wiki there are two types of homework: grade school homework (yellow) and homework (blue), and they say the Sim should "automatically receive a homework book in their inventory, whether or not they have attended school yet", but that probably happens for normal aging, without using cheats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2015, 01:48

Yeah, she went to school once she is teen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2015, 06:41

kwint wrote:Yeah, she went to school once she is teen.
Jumping in,
Is the homework blue or yellow?

Also, are there any mods/custom content that you have installed? That might be the problem, plus the fact that you are using cheats might be the reason why the homework item won't let you study. 

Also try resetting the sim.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2015, 09:32

Scripting mods are known to cause issues. Uninstall any scripting mods you may have then check and see if she can do it.
Alot of changes in patches cause for scripting mods to have the need to be rewritten.
Check the places you got any scripting mods for updates to them.
Can also try the resetsim cheat and see if that helps, however it does sound more like a scritping mod clash

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2015, 11:10

hawkbs wrote:Scripting mods are known to cause issues. Uninstall any scripting mods you may have then check and see if she can do it.
Alot of changes in patches cause for scripting mods to have the need to be rewritten.
Check the places you got any scripting mods for updates to them.
Can also try the resetsim cheat and see if that helps, however it does sound more like a scritping mod clash

What do you mean by uninstalling any scripting mods?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Apr 2015, 12:41

kwint wrote: 
What do you mean by uninstalling any scripting mods?

From that reply, I assume you do not have any mods installed. Smile  But mods are a type of custom content, which modify in-game mechanics and functions. They are in the .package file format, and if you want to remove them, just remove those .package files from My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods.

That said, I believe the reason you are getting those problems is because you aged up your sim "unnaturally". Don't do that anymore. Smile  It only leads to problems, every time. It was in Sims 3 like that, and now seemingly in Sims 4 too.

That said, I can't really tell you what to do now. You probably won't want to start a new savegame ? Maybe you can "work around it somehow", but this thing really looks glitchy.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top