Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game data missing or damaged error.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game data missing or damaged error. Empty Game data missing or damaged error.

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2015, 16:08

Ok, so I've recently downloaded your Get To Work EP and it worked perfectly. I've always been addicted to CC to sims so I downloaded it even before the Outdoor Retreat and GTW for Sims 4. And I had no problems until yesterday. I downloaded some clothes and mods, and then tried launching the game but I got the "game data missing or damaged" window.
I thought OK, maybe it's because of the files that I downloaded yesterday so I deleted them, but I still get the error even though the game worked perfectly with all the CC I had before. I tried backing up my The Sims 4 folder from Documents somewhere else, deleting it, and then step by step replacing new folders with the old ones, and the game could only launch unless I put my old Mods folder back. Then I reinstalled the game and it still only works without ANY custom content. I even decided to make a test and put only one file in the Mods folder, the oldest CC file I had, and I still get this error. And I do have my Sims 4 folders in my antivirus exceptions.
I don't know what to do because this game is kinda boring for me without CC and my saves will not work properly without my CC. Does anybody know what might have happened to my game?

Back to top Go down

Game data missing or damaged error. Empty Re: Game data missing or damaged error.

Post by coolcandy3001 Sat 18 Apr 2015, 17:15

Try deletying your "localthumbcache.package" in My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4 if your mods or CC worked with GTW beforehand, it's not the CC doing it.
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Game data missing or damaged error. Empty Re: Game data missing or damaged error.

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2015, 18:09

Unfortunately, it didn't work : (

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2015, 19:06

I just got the exact problem just now.
For me, it's because one of the latest mod that you just installed and put to the Mods folder.
Find if there is any suspicious size from your latest mod. I think because the file is corrupted while downloading.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2015, 19:33

The thing is, I deleted the most recent CC and I get the same error even if I put one single file in the Mods folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2015, 20:59

I had the same problem and resolved it by exiting Origin (via. hidden icons tray)

maybe that's the problem if you do have Origin running?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2015, 21:54

No, I don't have Origin running, I don't even remember when I last launched it...

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Sat 18 Apr 2015, 22:12

I get this sometimes if I have deleted a mod or CC, it doesn't affect your gameplay so I think your best bet is to ignore it, if any of your ingame files not related are missing, then I'll try and find a fix.
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Apr 2015, 23:51

Did you found how fix it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top