Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Empty Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged.

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016, 12:41

I followed all the steps in the tutorial provided by Sim Architect (https://youtu.be/pcpZ7I698RE) and downloaded the files he recommended there. I am currently getting this error:
Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. 2e4izrb

I appreciate that there are big red capitals about trying the 'Ultimate Fix' but it isn't clear whether this is something I need to try or not because I haven't successfully started the game at all.

If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it - this is my last try after months of trying, otherwise I'm just going to give up I think.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Back to top Go down

Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Empty Re: Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Jan 2016, 18:04

photosynthesize wrote:I followed all the steps in the tutorial provided by Sim Architect (https://youtu.be/pcpZ7I698RE) and downloaded the files he recommended there. I am currently getting this error:
Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. 2e4izrb

I appreciate that there are big red capitals about trying the 'Ultimate Fix' but it isn't clear whether this is something I need to try or not because I haven't successfully started the game at all.

If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it - this is my last try after months of trying, otherwise I'm just going to give up I think.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Hello again,

If you downloaded Sim Architect's latest Sims 4 torrent (that included "Get together"), then you do NOT need the Ultimate fix at all (if you did need the fix, he would have mentioned it in his video !).

Instead, please double-check your mods and custom content for The Sims 4, as the error from your screenshot is very often caused by these things. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Empty Re: Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged.

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jan 2016, 20:26

I don't have any custom content or mods - this was me attempting to install it from scratch and this was the very first time I attempted to run it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Jan 2016, 00:40

photosynthesize wrote:I don't have any custom content or mods - this was me attempting to install it from scratch and this was the very first time I attempted to run it.

That pretty much narrows down the known fixes, I'm afraid. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  Did you use WinRAR for extracting all these downloads ? Please only use WinRAR, if you haven't. Using other extraction software can lead to data corruption.

And when you copied and pasted Sim Architect's download over the basegame, did you also replace ALL existing files ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 09:17

I can't remember anymore. I'm giving up.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 15 Jan 2016, 19:58

photosynthesize wrote:I can't remember anymore. I'm giving up.

No problem. Smile  Maybe it's best for you take a little pause in that. And when you feel better, try this: uninstall everything again. Then re-install the basegame from Games4theworld. 

After installation, move the folder "The Sims 4", from C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts, directly onto your desktop. 

The copy and paste Sim Architect's torrent into that folder "The Sims 4". When prompted, replace all existing files and folders. 

I will keep this topic open, so you can keep us posted whenever you like. Even though it's difficult, good luck, and remember to make pauses when things become difficult or frustrating ! At least try and make pauses.

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Empty Same problem!! RESOLVED!!

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jan 2016, 19:04

Hey so I had the same exact problem....uninstalled reinstalled couldnt figure it out.

MY RESOLUTION THAT WORKED:
If you have custom content: go through them alphabetically putting them in (ex. all the A's then try the game....all the B's then try the game etc...)
when the problem occurred I then put them back in in smaller groups....narrowing down my options until i found the problem files!!! Carlos is tha man Took time from playing time...but it worked!!! Good luck!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Jan 2016, 19:06

harlemprez wrote:Hey so I had the same exact problem....uninstalled reinstalled couldnt figure it out.

MY RESOLUTION THAT WORKED:
If you have custom content: go through them alphabetically putting them in (ex. all the A's then try the game....all the B's then try the game etc...)
when the problem occurred I then put them back in in smaller groups....narrowing down my options until i found the problem files!!! Carlos is tha man Took time from playing time...but it worked!!! Good luck!!!

Hello and welcome to the forum @harlemprez, Very Happy

Thanks for letting us know about your fix !  Carlos is tha man  Indeed, the issue appears to be caused mostly by incompatible/outdated mods and custom content items for The Sims 4...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top