Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Required game data is missing or damaged"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Required game data is missing or damaged" Empty "Required game data is missing or damaged"

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jul 2015, 20:42

Hi guys, I'm tried everything I can think of, but every time I try to start my Sims 4, I get an error message telling me that it can't start because "required game data is missing or damaged". This only just started today and I haven't added any new CC or mods. Everything I'm running is from this site and includes base game, get to work, and everything else offered so far.

Here is what I've tried:

• restarting computer
  • removing all CC and mods
  • replacing desktop icon (saw this in a related thread)
  • redownloading and reapplying ultimate fix
  • COMPLETE reinstall

I can't think of anything else, so any suggestions? I miss my sims!

Back to top Go down

"Required game data is missing or damaged" Empty Re: "Required game data is missing or damaged"

Post by Sim Architect Tue 25 Aug 2015, 22:54

Please, rename or move your "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4" folder.

Then, follow the instructions in the VIDEO below and download the stuff from the link in its description at YouTube and try running the game. If it works, maybe you have corrupted files in the folder you renamed/moved. You can try to recover it by copying back the saves folder inside of your old "Documents/The Sims 4" folder (just the saves, not the entire thing, or you might end up with same issue.

The tutorial and the game version below are more up to date and they should work better. Let us know if you need further assistance or if you got your game working. Thanks!

Tea 5 Tea 5

How to Install The Sims 4 with Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day and all DLCs (with torrent link)!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

"Required game data is missing or damaged" Empty Re: "Required game data is missing or damaged"

Post by Guest Mon 14 Sep 2015, 15:26

Idid all of that but the spa day and other packs still are not added back to my game.  At first when I reran the uptimate fix, it would put them back in, but now that doesn't work anymore and I do not know where to get the spa day and othr packs file at.  I don't see it listed in the downloads here.  Can you provide me a link to those files?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 14 Sep 2015, 21:15

Milz2015 wrote:Idid all of that but the spa day and other packs still are not added back to my game.  At first when I reran the uptimate fix, it would put them back in, but now that doesn't work anymore and I do not know where to get the spa day and othr packs file at.  I don't see it listed in the downloads here.  Can you provide me a link to those files?
Hi! Link is in the video's description at YouTube. I made it that way, so I can update the links easily if necessary (and trust me, I had to do it at least about ten times for several reasons).

Have a great simming time and keep us posted!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top