Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installed GTW and now can't resume old household

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed GTW and now can't resume old household Empty Installed GTW and now can't resume old household

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2015, 22:54

Hi all,

I'm just wondering whether this problem (not being able to play the old household - can load the world fine, but can't enter the house to play the family) has something to do with installing GTW?

I followed the instructions and copied/merged all the folders over, and the game was working fine before installing GTW.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for any help Smile

Back to top Go down

Installed GTW and now can't resume old household Empty Re: Installed GTW and now can't resume old household

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 20 Apr 2015, 18:34

charliem87 wrote:Hi all,

I'm just wondering whether this problem (not being able to play the old household - can load the world fine, but can't enter the house to play the family) has something to do with installing GTW?

I followed the instructions and copied/merged all the folders over, and the game was working fine before installing GTW.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for any help Smile

//MOVED

Hello,

What exactly happens when you try entering a household ? Does it throw you back to the neighborhood map ? If yes, did you add the install location of your Sims 4 game to the exclusions of your anti-virus program ? 

Also, after properly adding the exclusions, re-apply the files from "Get to Work" (copy + paste them again), and see if anything improves. Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Installed GTW and now can't resume old household Empty Re: Installed GTW and now can't resume old household

Post by Guest Mon 20 Apr 2015, 23:35

I have the same problem even with newly created sims. goes back to world selection screen. Worked fine 5 days ago even with mods folder. I wonder what cache files can be deleted and might that help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Apr 2015, 21:05

Sorry to say I had to delete the family in the saved sims file. somehow they became corrupt. Try just moving your saved sim file and if that's not it start deleting or temporarily moving some of your older lot files. I did both and the game worked after.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top