Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to install sims 4 get to work?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to install sims 4 get to work? Empty How to install sims 4 get to work?

Post by Guest Wed 22 Apr 2015, 00:53

So this is probably a really stupid question, but I clicked the download for the Sims 4: Get to Work on games4theworld.org. It's in my download folder now, but when I click it a Windows 8 thing comes up asking if I want to look in the store for something to open it with. Do I just drag and drop the entire file into my main Sims 4 file? (I bought the Sims 4 base game digitally from Origin, so it's in my programfiles/86).

I've never downloaded a torrent before, so if there is a more complicated process...please spell it out like I'm 5 years old or something. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Back to top Go down

How to install sims 4 get to work? Empty Re: How to install sims 4 get to work?

Post by Guest Wed 22 Apr 2015, 18:47

Open the readme file in the torrent. It will give you exact instruction on where to place the torrent files in your game files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Apr 2015, 17:58

I can't open the torrent at all, though, so I can't view any of the files in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Apr 2015, 19:45

Okay, so I figured out part of what I was doing wrong. Like I said, I have never downloaded a torrent before, so I didn't realize I needed something like utorrent. I used utorrent and got the rar file, and tried to use WinRar. Now I have a zipped RAR file and have no idea what to do with it. I don't know what to use to open it, and there isn't an option to just unzip it. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Thu 23 Apr 2015, 21:54

Hi! You need to install Winrar to be able to open the rar file.

For that you need to download and install Winrar (the Games 4 the World torrent of it can be found HERE ).

Please, keep in mind that we do not offer support through private messages, so we kindly ask you to post all your questions in the forum, that way everybody else enjoys the same solutions you will do.

Also, accept my apologies if the response time is not as short as you were expecting, I do not provide support to Sims 4 (yet) and I believe our moderators are probably busy fixing the web server.

I wish you good luck, I want to make a video tutorial on how to install Sims 4 in the future, but I still don't know when I will be able to do it.

Please, keep us posted on your evolution, if you solved your problem or if you need further assistance.

Happy simming!!

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Apr 2015, 00:31

ok, so you need to unzip (or extract) the download. I don't have utorrent, so I'm not sure what the layout is, but on my program I can right click on the torrent and choose "open file location" from where the torrent is downloaded, you can move the file to the desktop, if that makes it easier for you. On the desktop find the Sims 4 rar file, right click and choose extract here. all the files should then uncompress on your desktop. You can put the files in a new folder if you'd like. All the folders that you unzipped, should look like this:
_Installer
Data
Delta
EP01
FP01
Game
GP01
Support
#Installation Guide

You have to copy all of those files (except the #installation guide) into the folder  C:Program Files (x86/)Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Game

from then you should be able to run the game

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top