Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I still log into my Sims 3 account if I torrented all the games including base...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can I still log into my Sims 3 account if I torrented all the games including base... Empty Can I still log into my Sims 3 account if I torrented all the games including base...

Post by Guest Tue 12 May 2015, 02:13

Hello, I'm posting this question because just recently I started using torrents and all that jazz. I used to have the (legal) base game of The Sims 3, and I only had the University Life pack. These were the two games I bought and owned so I registered and had my own account where I bought stuff off from the store (mostly hairstyles and clothes). Well my computer crashed and deleted everything I had. So I decided to just download the base and all the expansion packs. I DON'T KNOW if I can sign into my account. Will it matter? Would it somehow be shown that I did not pay for these games?? Sorry if this sounds stupid; I'm not a gamer nor do I do this often.

Back to top Go down

Can I still log into my Sims 3 account if I torrented all the games including base... Empty Re: Can I still log into my Sims 3 account if I torrented all the games including base...

Post by Guest Tue 12 May 2015, 20:57

No. Each game registration code is linked to the email used to create the initial account, so your account is valid only with the original game you had; and you can only create a new account with a new copy of the game. This is EA/Origin's way of suppressing the market in used games, even a "legally" purchased used copy (from ebay, yard sale, etc.) cannot be registered ...though EA will sell you a replacement manual, containing a new registration code, for $20.

Back to top Go down

Can I still log into my Sims 3 account if I torrented all the games including base... Empty Re: Can I still log into my Sims 3 account if I torrented all the games including base...

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 13 May 2015, 22:42

Hello,

I think you can. You don't have to create a new account, as long as you remember your login information.

At some point I purchased a stuffpack just so I could register and use simport. I didn't bother reinstalling said stuffpack though and it worked just fine.

Note that the items you bought will no longer work though, since your current game is cracked. Luckily, we have a way around that too.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top