Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows 8 for 32- bit. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows 8 for 32- bit. [CLOSED] Empty Windows 8 for 32- bit. [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Fri 15 May 2015, 20:55

I just want to ask if the Windows 8 that you guys (I'm talking about the admin or the moderators here) uploaded a long time ago is okay with 32 bit laptops? Because it says "64". I don't get it. I want Windows 8 on my laptop so bad.

Back to top Go down

Windows 8 for 32- bit. [CLOSED] Empty Re: Windows 8 for 32- bit. [CLOSED]

Post by D' Eradicated Sat 16 May 2015, 00:24

Hi there,

Yes, it seems that it's only for 64-bit machines. If you want, I can message you a safe DDL or torrent of Windows 8.1. It's also integrated with the latest updates up to May and no bloatware. Smile

D' Eradicated
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Minecraft, Counter-Strike 1.6, The Escapists, I Am Bread, Besiege, SimCity 2000, DotA 1, Dota 2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 May 2015, 14:19

D' Eradicated wrote:Hi there,

Yes, it seems that it's only for 64-bit machines. If you want, I can message you a safe DDL or torrent of Windows 8.1. It's also integrated with the latest updates up to May and no bloatware. Smile

Is it safe tho? I'm too anxious to use one because of viruses.

Back to top Go down

Post by D' Eradicated Sat 16 May 2015, 18:23

It's perfectly safe. I use it to format PCs and laptops. Guaranteed no viruses or any bloatware. I'll PM you the torrent link. If you want, bookmark the uploader. I trust him for his monthly upload of updated Windows ISOs. Carlos is tha man!!!

D' Eradicated
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Minecraft, Counter-Strike 1.6, The Escapists, I Am Bread, Besiege, SimCity 2000, DotA 1, Dota 2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 May 2015, 01:52

D' Eradicated wrote:It's perfectly safe. I use it to format PCs and laptops. Guaranteed no viruses or any bloatware. I'll PM you the torrent link. If you want, bookmark the uploader. I trust him for his monthly upload of updated Windows ISOs. Carlos is tha man!!!

I can't access the link you sent to me. Lol. And it's not even a link.

Back to top Go down

Post by D' Eradicated Sun 17 May 2015, 11:26

Website link sent instead of a magnet link.

D' Eradicated
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 May 2015, 10:36

@thatdoggonegirl, if you actually have a stronger laptop (that is 64-bit compatible), then you should go ahead and use a 64-bit Windows system too. 

There is not much point in 32-bit systems, unless need the laptop for an office computer only (= a system that you don't use for playing games on).

Many modern games will only run on 64-bit operating systems, and even for those that don't need 64-bit, it's strongly recommended that you use a 64-bit computer & OS, to be able to play games more "fluently".

//EDIT

By the way, if you get sent a so-called "magnet link" - i.e. something that contains the word "magnet?" - and if it was sent correctly and completely, then you can copy & paste that "long URL" into your browser URL mask, and hit enter, after which your torrent cleitn should start downloading the torrent - though you may need to confirm the download in a pop-up window before that.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jun 2015, 18:17

Carlos wrote:@thatdoggonegirl, if you actually have a stronger laptop (that is 64-bit compatible), then you should go ahead and use a 64-bit Windows system too. 

There is not much point in 32-bit systems, unless need the laptop for an office computer only (= a system that you don't use for playing games on).

Many modern games will only run on 64-bit operating systems, and even for those that don't need 64-bit, it's strongly recommended that you use a 64-bit computer & OS, to be able to play games more "fluently".

//EDIT

By the way, if you get sent a so-called "magnet link" - i.e. something that contains the word "magnet?" - and if it was sent correctly and completely, then you can copy & paste that "long URL" into your browser URL mask, and hit enter, after which your torrent cleitn should start downloading the torrent - though you may need to confirm the download in a pop-up window before that.

I just found out that my laptop is 64-bit capable. I bought a Windows 8.1 x64 CD but it won't let me use it because it says that my Windows is 32-bit. Does it mean I have to install a Windows 7 which is for 64-bit?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 12 Jun 2015, 21:45

thatdoggonegirl wrote:
I just found out that my laptop is 64-bit capable. I bought a Windows 8.1 x64 CD but it won't let me use it because it says that my Windows is 32-bit. Does it mean I have to install a Windows 7 which is for 64-bit?

Well, you will need to re-install Windows then ? While the computer is off, hold the button that is needed to access the BIOS (usually DELETE, F12, F8 or any other key; look in your instructions for the computer). Turn the computer on,still holding the key until you get to the BIOS.

Edit the BIOS settings so that the computer boots from the DVD drive, and save the settings. The computer will re-boot now, and you'll be prompted to insert a DVD, which you should do.

And then follow through with the installation.

//EDIT

Please continue yoiur discussion here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20355-how-to-upgrade-my-32-bit-laptop-to-64-bit-laptop

The topic is closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top