Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows Security Center Service Can't be started [Windows 7]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows Security Center Service Can't be started [Windows 7] Empty Windows Security Center Service Can't be started [Windows 7]

Post by Narong30 Tue 15 Feb 2011, 12:51

Hello,

I've problem to get my security center running like normal. I believe some of my file have been corrupted. I already try a lot of method. But the result is still same. I fail to solve my problem. So anyone, who have experience in solving this kind of issue, please do not hesitate to contact information with me/us at here. Here I'll write down what have I try :

1) Change the disable security center at services.msc to automatic and hit the start button. (Fail)
2) Remove Norton with Norton remover tools (Fails)
3) Combo fix (Fail)
4) Scan use malaware bytes (no infection at all) Note: Norton also never detect a virus from my pc.

Finally, I hope someone who have experience with this issue, please respond as soon as possible Smile I really need you help to improve my skills and solve my issue at the moment Smile
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

Windows Security Center Service Can't be started [Windows 7] Empty Re: Windows Security Center Service Can't be started [Windows 7]

Post by Guest Mon 28 Feb 2011, 10:31

@ Narong30

Im also having a similar problem on my windows 7 machine. one of my security settings cant or wont start.

Im researching a solution. If i find something that may help you i will come back and post here.

In the mean time. i suggest several free programs to help protect your pc. all of them are very good! i use them and recommend them all the time. if you do warez sites, i think you should NOT download any warez until you are better protected.

1. avg free (anti-virus) - Norton has long been reported by the geek community as being a virus and it should be avoided.
2. spybot search & destroy - guards against spyware, malware & hijackers.
3. advanced system care free - has several GREAT apps and services. Its a all over system cleaner and so much more! i luv this app.

the safest place to download all these apps that i have found is http://www.download.com <-- everything is tested

until you or i find a solution you can get help on http://www.majorgeeks.com they have a forum full of people with big brains. i bet they could help you.

Back to top Go down

Windows Security Center Service Can't be started [Windows 7] Empty Re: Windows Security Center Service Can't be started [Windows 7]

Post by Narong30 Thu 03 Mar 2011, 12:55

LadyYepperz wrote:@ Narong30

Im also having a similar problem on my windows 7 machine. one of my security settings cant or wont start.

Im researching a solution. If i find something that may help you i will come back and post here.

In the mean time. i suggest several free programs to help protect your pc. all of them are very good! i use them and recommend them all the time. if you do warez sites, i think you should NOT download any warez until you are better protected.

1. avg free (anti-virus) - Norton has long been reported by the geek community as being a virus and it should be avoided.
2. spybot search & destroy - guards against spyware, malware & hijackers.
3. advanced system care free - has several GREAT apps and services. Its a all over system cleaner and so much more! i luv this app.

the safest place to download all these apps that i have found is http://www.download.com <-- everything is tested

until you or i find a solution you can get help on http://www.majorgeeks.com they have a forum full of people with big brains. i bet they could help you.

Thank you, I'm still can't hear anything from microsoft. Too bad, they took a lot of time to do investigate... HUrm Sad
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Apr 2011, 10:34

Type in the Search Box: services.msc and press enter (It must be performed in the administrator account or run the services.msc as Admin)
then look for safety center something like that and double click on it and look if its set to: start automatically(delayed) if not then choose that option and press start right below that option..

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Sat 09 Apr 2011, 18:34

Thanatos Phoibos wrote:Type in the Search Box: services.msc and press enter (It must be performed in the administrator account or run the services.msc as Admin)
then look for safety center something like that and double click on it and look if its set to: start automatically(delayed) if not then choose that option and press start right below that option..

Thank you for you respond. But, what can I say is, I still can't fix it. Fail hard.
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top