Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I need to keep the files to run the game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do I need to keep the files to run the game? Empty Do I need to keep the files to run the game?

Post by Guest Mon 18 May 2015, 03:35

Okay so I installed everything in the complete sims 3 game + expansions pack and I was wondering if I can delete most of/some of the files and if the game will still work, because all that stuff is about 20 GB which is a lot for me.

Back to top Go down

Do I need to keep the files to run the game? Empty Re: Do I need to keep the files to run the game?

Post by D' Eradicated Mon 18 May 2015, 03:56

Hi and welcome to the Games4theworld forums.

Yes, you can delete the installers once you completed the installation. Though it may be hard for you (or not if you have high DL speeds) to reinstall them since you have to DL it again.

D' Eradicated
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Minecraft, Counter-Strike 1.6, The Escapists, I Am Bread, Besiege, SimCity 2000, DotA 1, Dota 2

Male

Back to top Go down

Do I need to keep the files to run the game? Empty Re: Do I need to keep the files to run the game?

Post by Admin Mon 18 May 2015, 22:44

Hi there,

But I personally do recommend keeping the download .RAR files for future reference. You can store them on an external HDD for example.
If storage really is an issue, then yes, you can remove them. But like D 'Eradicated stated, you'll have to re-download them completely then, should you need to reinstall the game any time in the future.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top