Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can you transfer the sims 3 game files using homegroup?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

can you transfer the sims 3 game files using homegroup? Empty can you transfer the sims 3 game files using homegroup?

Post by Guest Wed 26 Dec 2012, 18:25

i just got a new laptop for christmas and i was wondering if i could just use my homegroup to transfer the files instead of transferring them using a usb? and even then i'm not sure if my new laptop will support my games. it's a refurbished dell latitude d630 with windows 7.

Back to top Go down

can you transfer the sims 3 game files using homegroup? Empty Re: can you transfer the sims 3 game files using homegroup?

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 04:14

Yes, I've done this a number of times (on 3 of my personal computers and a few friends that have come over) - but you'll need to get the registry keys on the machine you're copying the files to. You can do this easily with my tool, found here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t8929-registry-helper

Note that if you use this method they will not show up in Add/Remove Programs. You will have to manually uninstall if you wish to uninstall one of them (removing the registry keys can be done easily by unchecking the EP in my tool, deleting the install folder for the EP is 100% optional -- and tha's all there is to uninstalling).

Back to top Go down

can you transfer the sims 3 game files using homegroup? Empty Re: can you transfer the sims 3 game files using homegroup?

Post by Admin Fri 28 Dec 2012, 11:11

Hello,

But we do not recommend copying the installation folders and all. The PC won't recognize as separately installed games and besides, Wow6432Node\sims are not the only Registry strings related to the The Sims 3 installation, you kept that in mind, right?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top