Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expansion packs not working in game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expansion packs not working in game Empty Expansion packs not working in game

Post by Guest Sat 30 May 2015, 16:11

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. Registered because I'm having a problem with the game which I wil ldetail below.

So I downloaded The Sims 3 Complete Collection that was uploaded by you guys a year or so ago and the game plus all the expansions were running perfectly at the time. After a while away from the game, I tried playing it again yesterday, only to get an error message saying I had to reinstall the base game and it wouldn't let me into the game no matter what I did.

So I followed the instructions in full for the Ultimate Fix given here and this fixed the main problem I had and let me into the game again. However now none of my installed expansion packs are showing up on the launcher and the content isn't available in game. Instead they show as greyed out and hovering over them it says it "requires" the expansion, when its already installed.

I've run the Ultimate Fix a second time to see if that fixes it and again the expansions still don't show up. Does this mean I'm going to have uninstall and redownload all the expansion packs in order for them to show up in game? Or is there a quick fix that will fix my problem? Reason I ask is I moved since i downloaded the complete pack inititally, and I have more limited internet where I am living currently, so I don't think I'd have the bandwith to redownload all the expansions a second time. 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help, and sorry if I'm asking something thats been asked a million times before.

Back to top Go down

Expansion packs not working in game Empty Re: Expansion packs not working in game

Post by Sim Architect Sun 31 May 2015, 08:09

Honestly, if I were you, I'd take some extra time and do the following, just in case:

1. Copy or Rename your "The Sims 3" folder inside of Documents/Electronic Arts, if you want to keep game saves, videos, screenshots etc (otherwise you may skip this step and just delete that folder after you uninstall the game as per next step);

2. Uninstall all expansions, then the base game (first expansions and packs, only at LAST you should remove the base game);

3. Restart your Computer;

4. Install everything as shown in the video below (download links in the video description, if you open it on YouTube);

5. Try to play and let's know if it works or if you need further help Smile

6. Enjoy!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)