Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hotel Giant 2 Cursor problem. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hotel Giant 2 Cursor problem. [SOLVED] Empty Hotel Giant 2 Cursor problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 31 May 2015, 18:32

Hello! I am having a problem with Hotel Giant 2. The cursor is not synced with the GUI of the game. Say on the main menu, if I want to select Random Game, I have to place the cursor on the Exit button and "cursor gap" is never fixed. So if I move around a bit, next time I want to select Random Game, I have to place the cursor somewhere else. Can you please help me with this?
I am running the game on BootCamp Windows 7 64-bit on a late-2013 MacBook Pro.
Thanks for your help Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Hotel Giant 2 Cursor problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Hotel Giant 2 Cursor problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Mon 01 Jun 2015, 00:40

Hi there and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum!

Can you try playing the game in windowed mode?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Hotel Giant 2 Cursor problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Hotel Giant 2 Cursor problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jun 2015, 03:33

Thanks! Smile
I also felt this would clarify the problem and I have been trying to run in windowed mode, but I did not find any straightforward way to do it. The "-w" or alt-enter don't work and there is not option is either the game or Compatibility options. Also tried those btw, still nothing.
Is there another way to run in windowed mode? Or any other solution as I dont really want to play the whole game in windowed mode!
Thanks for the quick reply! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 01 Jun 2015, 10:13

Hi there,

In that case, let's move on first.
I'm not sure whether windowed mode will fix your issue, just guessing, since I never had this issue myself. (But I know what you mean)

Can you try lowering the in-game resolution?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 22:43

Hello! Sorry for late reply, exam time. WhatDidUJustCallMe? anyway, changed the resolution, doesnt solve anything. However I noticed that the cursor is synced for the 3d environment but off-sync for the GUI. Must be a resolution problem. Also tried reinstalling direct x, still nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Jun 2015, 23:09

Hi again,

It indeed seems to be a resolution issue (and the fact that you're running through a virtual machine).
I found this: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5728
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jun 2015, 23:42

Hi again! I forgot to mention that I am running a native Windows 7 64bit using Boot Camp and not using a virtual machine. The above post is not relevant to my case. Although I tried to find some .ini file to change the resolution/anything, without success. WhatDidUJustCallMe? Sad
I am at my wits end! Wat. I think I will download another copy and hopefully it will work. *fingers crossed*

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 08 Jun 2015, 23:55

shezad_50 wrote:Hi again! I forgot to mention that I am running a native Windows 7 64bit using Boot Camp and not using a virtual machine. The above post is not relevant to my case. Although I tried to find some .ini file to change the resolution/anything, without success. WhatDidUJustCallMe? Sad
I am at my wits end! Wat. I think I will download another copy and hopefully it will work. *fingers crossed*
Hi there,

My bad, I thought Bootcamp was a virtual machine, like Wine.
Please keep us updated! (And keep looking for .INI files Razz )
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 00:04

Ok, I just forced the game to run in windowed mode with DxWnd and it works like a charm, cursor synced and everything. Very Happy At last some progress. Still to figure out where the problem comes from and how to solve it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 09 Jun 2015, 00:05

Heuy, progress! Glad to hear that actually fixed it. Didn't think it would. Happy B-day!

What if you go back to fullscreen now...?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Jun 2015, 00:15

Nope, back to full screen messes everything up. In fact even in windowed mode, DxWnd forces the cursor to sync but the tooltips appear all other the place when I hover over buttons. Will try to get DxWnd to just force the cursor even in full screen.
Anyway the game playable in maximised window, so i think thats the end of it. Very Happy
Thanks for your help!

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 09 Jun 2015, 22:11

You're welcome, enjoy the game! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top