Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"the installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"the installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it" Empty "the installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it"

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 14:08

Hiya, so i downloaded the sims4 torrent from utorrent and then proceeded to install it. With it, i downloaded 2 files when it prompted me to(cant remember the name, microsoft something Oh my...). So when i go into the sims_4_setup.exe, a message pops up saying "the installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it..." I have read the ultimate fix and cant seem to find an answer I is confused thanks so much for your help! Help

Back to top Go down

"the installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it" Empty Re: "the installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it"

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Jun 2015, 14:32

tbtbtb wrote:Hiya, so i downloaded the sims4 torrent from utorrent and then proceeded to install it. With it, i downloaded 2 files when it prompted me to(cant remember the name, microsoft something Oh my...). So when i go into the sims_4_setup.exe, a message pops up saying "the installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it..." I have read the ultimate fix and cant seem to find an answer I is confused thanks so much for your help! Help

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I once wrote a small topic about this problem, here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18287-this-installation-package-could-not-be-opened-possible-fix

See if the solution I described there works for you. In normal circumstances, it should help. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

"the installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it" Empty Re: "the installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it"

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 14:57

Thanks so much. That solved that part of the problem. I am having an issue with the dynamic library failing to initialise but im confident that the answer is already on this forum so you can close it if you wish. Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Jun 2015, 20:10

tbtbtb wrote:Thanks so much. That solved that part of the problem. I am having an issue with the dynamic library failing to initialise but im confident that the answer is already on this forum so you can close it if you wish. Thanks Smile

Sorry for the belated reply,

You can stay in this topic here; when you installed the game, did you also install those "Visual C++ 2013" programs ? You might need to re-apply those files....in your install location, look inside the folder "__Installer" and then under "vc" (I think). I can't recall the exact location now, but look inside those sub-olders to find the vcredist_86 and vcredist_64. And apply them (if you have a 32-bit Windows system though, apply only the _86 one).

Beyond that, see this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18422-the-dynamic-library-rld-dll-failed-to-initialize-e0-error-fix
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top