Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Sims 4 bug) Can't pause game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(Sims 4 bug) Can't pause game Empty (Sims 4 bug) Can't pause game

Post by Guest Sat 06 Jun 2015, 11:41

So since two or three weeks I have this really weird bug that happens every couple of minutes.

I try to pause my game and the pause button is highlighted, but the game doesn't stop. My Sims stay still then and they just have these small head/body movements they usually have when they're just standing around. The diamond above their heads also keeps rotating. At this point I can't interact with anything. No matter what object I click on, nothing happens. I also can't switch between my Sims. I can go into buy/build mode and open the menu, but the game still won't pause.
At some point (usually after 10s to 60s) the time will reset and I'll be back at the moment where this bug started and I can interact with everything normally. But a couple minutes later and the bug will appear again.

I googled a lot and went through many forums and I realized that I'm not the only one with this problem, but no one seems to have a solution for this.

My game is up to date (version 1.7.65.1020). I deleted all mods and cc, I tried playing fullscreen and in windowed mode, and I also deleted the localthumbcache.package file every time. But after just two minutes in-game the bug appears again, every single time.

Do you guys have any ideas or tips? Because I can't play like this anymore and it sucks WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

(Sims 4 bug) Can't pause game Empty Re: (Sims 4 bug) Can't pause game

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Jun 2015, 23:25

eeveelutionize wrote:I googled a lot and went through many forums and I realized that I'm not the only one with this problem, but no one seems to have a solution for this.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

The only thing you could try is to rename the folder "The Sims 4", located in Documents/Electronic Arts. Just change the folder's name. You will (temporarily) lose your savefiles and everything else, but see if the game is at least playable.

Another idea: try lowering the in-game graphics settings and also play in "laptop mode". Or turn laptop mode off: try both options.

If that doesn't work, then it means it's an in-game glitch that needs fixing with a future patch. As a personal note, lots of people are now having weird glitches, but the thing is I myself never have anything that people describe here. If you had any CC, maybe you should - for the future - try removing ALL CC before you update the game with a newer patch, but that's only a theory. Sorry.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Jun 2015, 15:25

Thanks for the fast reply.

I renamed the sims folder and I played for an hour and so far everything works perfectly well, which is amazing! But what does that mean for me? Is something wrong with my savefiles or any specific files? Should I avoid putting any (specific) files back into the sims folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jun 2015, 23:22

eeveelutionize wrote:Thanks for the fast reply.

I renamed the sims folder and I played for an hour and so far everything works perfectly well, which is amazing! But what does that mean for me? Is something wrong with my savefiles or any specific files? Should I avoid putting any (specific) files back into the sims folder?

Hi there, @eeveelutionize, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

That is hard to tell. It's possible that one of the Mods you had started causing the bug in the Saves you had, and that bug lingered even after the Mod was removed. I mean, you could always try backing up the folder you are using right now (and that is working) and put your save back to check if the problem persists. If it does, just delete the folder and put the backup again; and if it doesn't, then at least you didn't lose *much* of your progress. Or you could just continue playing with the game you have right now.

If you want, you can update us after you try your old Save again. Or just let us know if you consider the problem solved so we can close the topic. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jun 2015, 19:18

So bit by bit I put my cc and save files back into the game. The cc worked fine and I had no problems, but as soon as I started to play my regular families it was buggy as hell again. So the only thing I know for sure know is that the problem isn't a broken mod or old cc, but something's wrong with my save files.

I'm not sure what to do now (if I'll start from scratch or delete every family to see which one might be responsible), but I thought I would give everyone who may check this thread an update .

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Jun 2015, 03:29

eeveelutionize wrote:So bit by bit I put my cc and save files back into the game. The cc worked fine and I had no problems, but as soon as I started to play my regular families it was buggy as hell again. So the only thing I know for sure know is that the problem isn't a broken mod or old cc, but something's wrong with my save files.

I'm not sure what to do now (if I'll start from scratch or delete every family to see which one might be responsible), but I thought I would give everyone who may check this thread an update .

Sorry for the belated reply,

I wrote a post about this problem, with a few possible solutions to this, here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4

Look at step 2 of the guide to lean how to restore (older) savefiles. Good luck, if you want to give it a try. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top