Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to upgrade my 32-bit laptop to 64-bit laptop? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to upgrade my 32-bit laptop to 64-bit laptop? [SOLVED] Empty How to upgrade my 32-bit laptop to 64-bit laptop? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jun 2015, 15:09

So, I found this site that says YOU CAN and now my question is: HOW? In my properties in My Computer it says that my laptop is 64-bit capable. I bought a Windows 8.1 CD and I'm always getting this error that says it's for 64-bit and it looks like I have to upgrade my laptop to 64-bit. Can y'all help me because I really want to upgrade it into Windows 8.1?

Back to top Go down

How to upgrade my 32-bit laptop to 64-bit laptop? [SOLVED] Empty Re: How to upgrade my 32-bit laptop to 64-bit laptop? [SOLVED]

Post by D' Eradicated Fri 12 Jun 2015, 16:50

Hi,

I don't know why you get an error on installing Windows 8.1 x64 on a x64 capable laptop. Can you screen capture the Properties window?

D' Eradicated
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Minecraft, Counter-Strike 1.6, The Escapists, I Am Bread, Besiege, SimCity 2000, DotA 1, Dota 2

Male

Back to top Go down

How to upgrade my 32-bit laptop to 64-bit laptop? [SOLVED] Empty Re: How to upgrade my 32-bit laptop to 64-bit laptop? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jun 2015, 17:42

D' Eradicated wrote:Hi,

I don't know why you get an error on installing Windows 8.1 x64 on a x64 capable laptop. Can you screen capture the Properties window?

Sure, here:

How to upgrade my 32-bit laptop to 64-bit laptop? [SOLVED] 8uOvaRD

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 12 Jun 2015, 21:49

What I already said in my other message here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20092-windows-8-for-32-bit-closed#138483

But what exactly is the issue you are having ? Why exactly can't you install Windows 8...?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jun 2015, 09:29

Carlos wrote:What I already said in my other message here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20092-windows-8-for-32-bit-closed#138483

But what exactly is the issue you are having ? Why exactly can't you install Windows 8...?

I ALREADY FINISHED INSTALLING WINDOWS, CARLOS. I didn't boot it that's why. I just ran the CD while it's rebooting and now I have Windows 8.1 on my laptop. Now all I need is an activator. Do you guys have a Windows 8.1 activator?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 13 Jun 2015, 09:42

thatdoggonegirl wrote:
I ALREADY FINISHED INSTALLING WINDOWS, CARLOS. 

Calm down and take it easy, all I was asking for is some clarity, that's all. Since your opening post does not give any indication whatsoever that you installed anything already. You can get the activator (Microsoft toolkit) from here:

https://goo.gl/qkpRCG

Using it should be straightforward, but feel free to post back if you're having difficulties with that. Tip: turn off any anti-virus programs before using this activator.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jun 2015, 11:59

Whoa. We're having a misunderstanding here, I guess. Look, I had to capitalize because I was happy. Lol. :p Thanks for the activator, I'm going to try it now.

Update:

I already activated it. Yeeees! Omg. Thank you, Carlos. I just followed a YouTube video on how to activate it and it's ALREADY activated. Just a question: How come I'm still seeing this? "You need to activate Windows before you can personalize your PC". Should I restart my laptop?

Update: 

I pretty much solved all my problems myself. Amazing. Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Jun 2015, 02:16

thatdoggonegirl wrote:Whoa. We're having a misunderstanding here, I guess. Look, I had to capitalize because I was happy. Lol. :p Thanks for the activator, I'm going to try it now.

Update:

I already activated it. Yeeees! Omg. Thank you, Carlos. I just followed a YouTube video on how to activate it and it's ALREADY activated. Just a question: How come I'm still seeing this? "You need to activate Windows before you can personalize your PC". Should I restart my laptop?

Update: 

I pretty much solved all my problems myself. Amazing. Lol.

Alright, it's OK. Smile  If you de-activated any anti-virus programs, in order to use the activator, you can turn them off again. Also, you can safely update your Windows 8, with the "Windows Update"-function. 

I consider the topic solved, hence I will close it. Feel free to open a new thread, or, if you want THIS thread to be unlocked again, feel free to contact me via PM. Have fun !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top