Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC missing from Mods Folder...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CC missing from Mods Folder... Empty CC missing from Mods Folder...

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jun 2015, 15:03

Hi everyone,

my game keep freezing from time to time and it's impossible to play, i read in "Crinrict's Sims 4 help blog" that deleting the origin cache files would solve the problem so i did... after deleting the origin cache my entire Mods folder is empty and all my saves gone... is there a way to get them back?  Why.

Back to top Go down

CC missing from Mods Folder... Empty Re: CC missing from Mods Folder...

Post by coolcandy3001 Sat 13 Jun 2015, 16:24

Maybe you should ask the person who owns the blog? As I've never needed to do this S:

• C:\ProgramData\Origin — Everything except for the following sub directory: DO NOT DELETE: C:\ProgramData\Origin\LocalContent
  • Origin folder in C:\Users\\AppData\Local\
  • Origin folder in C:\Users\ \AppData\Roaming\

Maybe you accidentally deleted the above file? If you've emptied your recyling bin after deleting them then all I can say is next time, instead of emptying your recycling bin, try it out first and see if it works.
I'll try looking for anyway to restore it though!
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Jun 2015, 21:28

i deleted everything in the folder except...

C:\ProgramData\Origin\LocalContent
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\
C:\Users\ \AppData\Roaming\
after i started the Game and i noticed that my saved Housholds was not in the game,  i checked the mods folder and it is empty (just the Resource.cfg is in there) i cant understand why my game is like new installed, i didnt use origin or went online in game.  Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Jun 2015, 02:47

Redvamp wrote:i deleted everything in the folder except...

after i started the Game and i noticed that my saved Housholds was not in the game,  i checked the mods folder and it is empty (just the Resource.cfg is in there) i cant understand why my game is like new installed, i didnt use origin or went online in game.  Why.

Do you have a legit game of Sims 4 ? I imagine that you will need to do teh above "procedure" only on legit Sims 4 game (that naturally require Origin to run).

Beyond that, if your game lags, then it means you might need to reduce the number of custom content. It does not have to mean (yet) that the CC is corrupted. But there may be too much CC for the game to handle.

If you have a legit game, right-click on it in the Origin library and select "Repair". Wait for the procedure to finish, and that will normally take care of any damage done to the game installation files. As for CC, if it really got removed, I giess you'll need to re-download.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jun 2015, 12:40

Hi Carlos, my game is from G4TW and i didnt had alot CC (ca. 60)
well yeah i guess that procedure is just for legit game, i will redownload the CC im just sad about my lost Housholds, Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Sun 14 Jun 2015, 14:24

Carlos wrote:
Redvamp wrote:i deleted everything in the folder except...

Do you have a legit game of Sims 4 ? I imagine that you will need to do teh above "procedure" only on legit Sims 4 game (that naturally require Origin to run).

Beyond that, if your game lags, then it means you might need to reduce the number of custom content. It does not have to mean (yet) that the CC is corrupted. But there may be too much CC for the game to handle.

If you have a legit game, right-click on it in the Origin library and select "Repair". Wait for the procedure to finish, and that will normally take care of any damage done to the game installation files. As for CC, if it really got removed, I giess you'll need to re-download.
I tried it on my friends version of TS4, which is legit, and it worked without changing anything. I did think maybe it was for the legit game but now I've prooved that theory I guess.
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 16 Jun 2015, 23:40

Redvamp wrote:Hi Carlos, my game is from G4TW and i didnt had alot CC (ca. 60)
well yeah i guess that procedure is just for legit game, i will redownload the CC im just sad about my lost Housholds, Thanks!

Sorry for the belated reply, but I guess I'm out of explanations for now. You could start developing a habit, that I myself used to do on a regular basis, way back in Sims 3: Navigate to the location My Documents/Electronic Arts and COPY the folder "The Sims 4", to a safe location. 

And you should make backups like these on a regular basis, and depending on how often you play the game.

That way, if you suddenly notice anything weird, you can restore the backup folder, by placing it int the original location (overwriting the existing The Sims 4-folder).

@coolcandy3001, good to hear that. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jun 2015, 21:51

Thanks Carlos, i did a Backup now just in case Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top