Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I click a household and it goes right back to the "neighborhoods" screen. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I click a household and it goes right back to the "neighborhoods" screen. [SOLVED] Empty I click a household and it goes right back to the "neighborhoods" screen. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jun 2015, 06:09

Everything in my game seems fine. Except when I click a household to play it, it acts like it is going to load up and then it shows the screen with the different neighborhoods on it. It does this for every household... I've tried them all. I tried taking out all of my custom content and I don't use any mods. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you in advance.

Back to top Go down

I click a household and it goes right back to the "neighborhoods" screen. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I click a household and it goes right back to the "neighborhoods" screen. [SOLVED]

Post by coolcandy3001 Sun 14 Jun 2015, 14:25

Are you logged into Origin? I get this problem only when logged into Origin
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

I click a household and it goes right back to the "neighborhoods" screen. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I click a household and it goes right back to the "neighborhoods" screen. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jun 2015, 19:43

I had the same problem and apparently it's some custom content. Just try to detect the bad cc by putting half out of yout mods folder, and go on like this until you detect theproblem causing cc.
Hope it works!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jun 2015, 21:22

Nope I took out all custom content and I'm not logged into origin. I figured it out. Apparently it was a problem with a saved game. I googled and found this and it fixed it for me. Hope this helps someone else who has the same problem!

[*]Close the game
[*]Move your documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves folder to the desktop
[*]Start a new game for testing purposes and see if it works now
[*]If so, exit your game and put the game named slot00000002.save from your folder on the desktop back into the new saves folder
[*]Start the game and see if it loads If so, proceed for every game (except slot00000001.save) and see if you find the corrupt one. Do not worry about the slot1, or the two folders in the saves folder. They are not needed.
[*]If you found which save is bugged, you need to decide if you want to try and save it or not.
[*]If you do, check if you have any files called slot0000000X.save.ver0 -  slot0000000X.save.ver0 (X is the number of your bugged save).
[*]If you do, move the slot0000000X.sav back to the folder on your desktop and move the ver0 file to the active folder and rename slot0000000X.save.ver0 to slot0000000X.save. 
[*]If it still doesn't work, try any of the other backups.
[*]Once you found a working save game, immediately use save as to save it under a new name.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Jun 2015, 02:58

Twinsielove wrote:Nope I took out all custom content and I'm not logged into origin. I figured it out. Apparently it was a problem with a saved game. I googled and found this and it fixed it for me. Hope this helps someone else who has the same problem!

[*]Close the game
[*]Move your documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves folder to the desktop
[*]Start a new game for testing purposes and see if it works now
[*]If so, exit your game and put the game named slot00000002.save from your folder on the desktop back into the new saves folder
[*]Start the game and see if it loads If so, proceed for every game (except slot00000001.save) and see if you find the corrupt one. Do not worry about the slot1, or the two folders in the saves folder. They are not needed.
[*]If you found which save is bugged, you need to decide if you want to try and save it or not.
[*]If you do, check if you have any files called slot0000000X.save.ver0 -  slot0000000X.save.ver0 (X is the number of your bugged save).
[*]If you do, move the slot0000000X.sav back to the folder on your desktop and move the ver0 file to the active folder and rename slot0000000X.save.ver0 to slot0000000X.save. 
[*]If it still doesn't work, try any of the other backups.
[*]Once you found a working save game, immediately use save as to save it under a new name.

[*]

Thanks for sharing that solution with us. Smile  Though in my experience, this issue is almost always due to anti-virus systems interfering with the crack fo the game. But good to hear that this did the trick for you ! Have fun, and feel free to open a new thread anytime. Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top