Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start Sims 4 after installing Get to Work! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start Sims 4 after installing Get to Work! [SOLVED] Empty Unable to start Sims 4 after installing Get to Work! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2015, 12:34

Hello

I've updated the game with the latest ultimate fix and it worked, but when I copied and pasted the "Get to Work" files to the same location and try to open the game, a message shows up "attached in this post".

I removed everything and did all installations again, but still the same problem!

Back to top Go down

Unable to start Sims 4 after installing Get to Work! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start Sims 4 after installing Get to Work! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2015, 12:36

The message says:

"Unable to start:

The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play."

Back to top Go down

Unable to start Sims 4 after installing Get to Work! [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start Sims 4 after installing Get to Work! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2015, 21:33

does your game folder looked like this ?
Unable to start Sims 4 after installing Get to Work! [SOLVED] Ogktnm
how about extract/paste the "Get to work" first without the fix yet then try if it's working, then exit the game and check your game version it must be 1.5.139.1020 because when you placed the GTW it will automatically update the game, which is the 1.5.139.1020.  then after that extract the new ultimate fix in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 

I hope this helps,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jun 2015, 23:18

I uninstalled the game and re-installed it, but now even the base game shows up the same message without the ultimate fix or even the GTW! WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 06:58

is your origin not online? make sure you're not online in origin.

then put the GTW in it without the fix first. still the same ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Jun 2015, 02:59

Thank you so much IT WORKS! I've followed the first link and removed the save data then started the game and it worked good then I've pasted the GTW directly without the Ultimate Fix and it worked too!

Many thanks Smile

Mod edit: moved, and closed, due to problem being solved. Have fun !

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top