Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Unable to Start! (SOLVED!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Unable to Start! (SOLVED!) Empty Sims 4 Unable to Start! (SOLVED!)

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2016, 02:35

First off I want to start by saying I love what you guys are doing. I downloaded the Sims 3 with no problems at all even tho I am very new to this sort of thing. I looked at the instructions for the Sims 4 and thought, "Wow this looks easier than the Sims 3". So I proceeded to install and followed your instructions to the letter. I have an issue when I go to start the game. It says that 'The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.'

I currently do not have Origin downloaded on my computer and have no idea what I did wrong during installation of the game and its packs. I added the files to my anti-viruses exceptions list as well. Would really appreciate the help! Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Aatani on Sat 20 Aug 2016, 02:02; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Unable to Start! (SOLVED!) Empty Re: Sims 4 Unable to Start! (SOLVED!)

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2016, 11:01

Hello, and welcome to the forum,  Very Happy
try deleting GameVersion.txt located at C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Now, run the game.

Even though The Sims 4 is easy to install, you need to follow steps carefully to install it suscessfully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2016, 02:01

Thanks! That seemed to do the trick. :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top