Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Continuous Problems - There was an error during start-up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Continuous Problems - There was an error during start-up Empty Continuous Problems - There was an error during start-up

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 02:36

Hey guys

I'm totally new to this so I hope I don't get on anybody's nerves. For the past two days or so, I have been having a lot of problems downloading The Sims 3 Generations. Bear in mind I have no idea what I'm doing :-/)

Things were looking up this morning when I thought I was almost there, I updated the newest update then once that was done I started the launcher again, it said version 0.00.0.0 and tells me:
"There was an error during start-up. Please see the log for more details."
(But there is no log)

I have purchased the base game retail, and bought three expansions on-sale at the Origin site (Master Suite Stuff, Outdoor Living, High-End Loft). I had no problems downloading Aurora Skies, Hidden Springs and Seasons, they are all working fine.

But the problems all began with Generations!

I have seen other posts related to this problem and followed the instructions they were given without success, and have downloaded the Ultimate Fix and Manual Patch from this site which fixed some other problems I had. Do I have to uninstall my base game and expansions and re-install? I'd really like that to be my last option if possible..

Back to top Go down

Continuous Problems - There was an error during start-up Empty Re: Continuous Problems - There was an error during start-up

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jun 2015, 07:14

I re-downloaded and applied the Manual Patch, downloaded Generations, then re-downloaded the crack and applied it. I dragged and dropped the .exe and .dll files into my Origin Games/The Sims 3/Game/Bin and got the dialog box, checked 'Copy & Replace'

I've realised that I did not restart my computer during this process, could that be my mistake and should I restart again?

Back to top Go down

Continuous Problems - There was an error during start-up Empty Re: Continuous Problems - There was an error during start-up

Post by Admin Sat 20 Jun 2015, 10:10

Hello there,

I see you are online now. If you have time, please join the Forum's Chatbox on the homepage.

//EDIT

Looks like you went offline.
This should fix your issue: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix
Watch the video very carefully. Good luck and please let us know the result!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top