Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Base game installing error?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Base game installing error? Empty Sims 3 Base game installing error?

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jun 2015, 01:01

Hi, so today I got a copy of Sims 3 from my friend.He said he downloaded it from games4theworld(?).So , when I installing The Sims 3 , this error occured."Please insert Disk 1 that contains the file Thumbnails \AllThumbnails.package",then I copied the package file directories to the "Path".Then it says "Setup could not find specified path or disk ,  Please check the proper disk is inserted or specify a new path".Sorry for my bad English.Any solution?Thank you.  confused Sims 3 Base game installing error? SMs2RzSSims 3 Base game installing error? UuNJEWdSims 3 Base game installing error? 3G6FyUI

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Base game installing error? Empty Re: Sims 3 Base game installing error?

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jun 2015, 01:03

Btw I can't download the SIms 3 base game on torrent right now because my internet speed is very slow only 30kbs right now  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jun 2015, 08:18

You may need to copy the files to an empty folder on your desktop. The files from us only include the .iso which needs to be mounted before it can be installed. If I remember right, the download includes two disk images that after mounted can be used to install. I personally use magicdisc I believe that should correct your issue. Can you post a screenshot of the disk your friend gave you so that I can make sure it is our download. Otherwise go ahead and do what I said and then let us know the result. Thanks! ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jun 2015, 09:40

LoriliHime wrote:You may need to copy the files to an empty folder on your desktop. The files from us only include the .iso which needs to be mounted before it can be installed. If I remember right, the download includes two disk images that after mounted can be used to install. I personally use magicdisc I believe that should correct your issue. Can you post a screenshot of the disk your friend gave you so that I can make sure it is our download. Otherwise go ahead and do what I said and then let us know the result. Thanks! ^_^
Thank you for your reply Surprised .I'll try copy the file into my desktop.Actually , I took the copy of The Sims 3 from my friend's external hard drive(The CHIP(F:),CHIP(G:),CHIP(H:) on the left) ,not from disk.And there's only this file , no .iso images to mount.I guess this download is not from Games4TheWorld , but any solution to fix this?I wanted to play Sims 3 so bad .Thanks Rolling Eyes   Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jun 2015, 21:50

I would suggest seeing if your friend still has the original download file somewhere on their computer.

Mod edit: moved to the right section.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Base game installing error? Empty help?

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 04:53

im actually having the same problem though its looking for a different file.

"Please insert disk 1 that contains the file game/bin/code_version.txt"

I know where that file is but when I select the folder it pops up the message saying

"Setup could not find a file on the specified path or disk. Please check that the proper disk is inserted or specify a new path."

I cant find any disk image or anything I can mount, I know I downloaded it here. I'm not sure what to do at this point, am I missing some files or something?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top