Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 (Not Responding)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 (Not Responding) Empty The Sims 4 (Not Responding)

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jun 2015, 16:38

Now I have tried to add my program files and all that to my exception list on my Norton 360 Premier Edition virus software. I've tried the thing with my Windows Firewall. Nothing worked. It was fine until I updated my ultimate fix just today. I wanted to fix the problem with Origin needing to be running while playing the game, now once I added the fix it stops responding. 

Did the fix ultimately break the game? Because, i've tried everything that you guys had to offer and it still has not respond. I'm going to try to restart my computer to see if that was the problem. But, for now... any suggestions??

This is the picture of Sims 4 not responding... 

The Sims 4 (Not Responding) Pjzb

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 (Not Responding) Empty Re: The Sims 4 (Not Responding)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Jun 2015, 02:54

Hello,

For now, try the "DEP fix" that I described in the following post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19624-gtw-problem#134998

After that, re-start the game. Good luck for now, and feel free to keep us posted !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jun 2015, 20:02

Well, you see? That option was already checked when I went to go do that. See?

The Sims 4 (Not Responding) Info
Do I need to do the opposite? Or, what other options are there?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 01 Jul 2015, 11:11

BlahBlahChelsey wrote:Well, you see? That option was already checked when I went to go do that. See?

The Sims 4 (Not Responding) Info
Do I need to do the opposite? Or, what other options are there?

Sorry for the belated reply,

The setting is correct, yes. For now, try re-downloading the crack-only here:
http://bit.ly/1dL2nT0

Copy & paste those files (inside the .RAR) into C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. When prompted, overwrite the existing files. Then re-start the game, and see if that shows any improvement. 

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jul 2015, 15:27

So, I have done what you had said and it's still not responding. I turned off my virus scanner for an hour and added Ts4 from any of the scans. Because, when I tried to add the crack it would tell me that it had been removed. So, I know that's not the problem then. Unless it is. Other than that? is there any other thing I need to do? Do I redownload the crack or the ultimate fix? What else is there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jul 2015, 01:31

The weird thing is.. when I removed my mods folder, it was working perfectly fine! So, is that the reason why it won't work? Because of the Custom Content?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Jul 2015, 01:48

BlahBlahChelsey wrote:The weird thing is.. when I removed my mods folder, it was working perfectly fine! So, is that the reason why it won't work? Because of the Custom Content?

Sorry for the late reply, but I recall someone else having a similar problem (TS4 wasn't starting up at all), and that problem turned out to be caused by mods/CC. So yes, that seems to be an option too.

If you want, try filtering the mods/CC by putting them back in one-by-one. But in general, you should be very careful with mods (stuff that modifies in-game mechanics); if there is no updated mod for a new patch level, then simply don't use it.

I know that nearly everybody uses tons of custom content and mods, but you should also be careful with this type of stuff.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jul 2015, 02:05

Oh yes! I do understand that now! I will be more careful when putting in mods! I will do that then. Putting in CC one by one and leaving out the mods that I had. Thank you! Also, my virus protection software blocked my Sims 4 game from being online. Is there a way to get it back to being online?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Jul 2015, 02:32

BlahBlahChelsey wrote:Also, my virus protection software blocked my Sims 4 game from being online. Is there a way to get it back to being online?

What do you mean by "blocked from being online" ? Smile  The Sims 4 is primarily a single-player game with no multiplayer component (VERY rare nowadays). The only online components are those windows about what expansion packs you own, and gallery-related stuff.

If you want to access the gallery, use the method described here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18195-connecting-to-the-gallery-in-the-sims-4

That's about the only thing you can do "online".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jul 2015, 03:00

Ohhh, so that's no problem then! Got it! I'm slow when it comes to things. Thanks for clearing that up! ^-^

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 Jul 2015, 17:32

BlahBlahChelsey wrote:Ohhh, so that's no problem then! Got it! I'm slow when it comes to things. Thanks for clearing that up! ^-^

Sorry for the late reply, but have your problems been solved ? Is there anything else you need help with, or can I consider the topic "solved" ? Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jul 2015, 06:26

Yes! Everything seems to be working just fine! I just removed one bad CC from my Mods folder. X)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 12 Jul 2015, 21:28

BlahBlahChelsey wrote:Yes! Everything seems to be working just fine! I just removed one bad CC from my Mods folder. X)

Would you mind sharing with us the name of this CC item that you removed ? Smile  I'm sure it would help other people too; thanks in advance !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top