Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't use the online gallery

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't use the online gallery Empty Can't use the online gallery

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jun 2015, 18:19

i have read the thread about using the online gallery and i have applied the ultimate fix and i also have searched for a solution to my problem but none of them helped.

no matter what i do, i still get the RLD! sign instead of my username. i go online on origin and enable the in game options "online access". i also enable "origin in game" in origin's options and i leave origin running in the background but the RLD! sign never dissappears. i have tried everything the others said, restarting my computer, re-installing the ultmate fix, re-installing origin, it didn't help. you said that unless the RLD! sign is gone, the gallery won't load no matter how long i waited so i don't know what to do.

i have a question about how exactly this works. what i do is that i open my game, then i go to the desktop using alt+tab and open origin and log in ( and its online!) and go back to my game to see if the gallery will load. if i'm doing anything wrong please tell me. if not, i still have the problem stated. thank you in advance

Back to top Go down

Can't use the online gallery Empty Re: Can't use the online gallery

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 27 Jun 2015, 07:34

mana94 wrote:
i have a question about how exactly this works. what i do is that i open my game, then i go to the desktop using alt+tab and open origin and log in ( and its online!) and go back to my game to see if the gallery will load. if i'm doing anything wrong please tell me. if not, i still have the problem stated. thank you in advance

Hello and welcome to the forum,

It's good that you point this out, as I myself wouldn't have thought of it. Here's how I do it: I log into Origin FIRST, making sure it is in regular (online) mode.

Then I start the cracked Sims 4, and use the gallery from the main menu of the game. I download stuff, and then exit the game. After which I close Origin, completely. Finally I re-start the game and play on.

That always worked for me. I never tried it "the other way round" (so starting the game first, and then opening Origin). Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Jun 2015, 09:02

i don't think that works for me. when i open my game with origin open, i get the "initialization error at startup" or something like that. i didn't download my base version of the game from games4theworld but the get to work expansion pack is your version and also i applied your fix and they work perfectly fine (thank you for that). so does it have to be your version of the base game for me to be able to go online? is there no way i can get rid of the RLD! sign? i'm really frustrated i've tried everything.

right now origin is updating and it takes a while due to slow internet connection but as soon as its done im gonna try opening origin first again and see if it works this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 27 Jun 2015, 10:43

mana94 wrote:i don't think that works for me. when i open my game with origin open, i get the "initialization error at startup" or something like that. i didn't download my base version of the game from games4theworld but the get to work expansion pack is your version and also i applied your fix and they work perfectly fine (thank you for that). so does it have to be your version of the base game for me to be able to go online? is there no way i can get rid of the RLD! sign? i'm really frustrated i've tried everything.

right now origin is updating and it takes a while due to slow internet connection but as soon as its done im gonna try opening origin first again and see if it works this time.

Where exactly did you get it from; what is the uploader's name ? If it's RELOADED, then it's OK. But if it's the old one from Skidrow/3DM, forget that, and re-download ours.

I don't know why you are getting this error when starting up TS4, with Origin open, and the thing with Skidrow's/3DM's game is the only thing that comes to my mind now, sorry.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Jun 2015, 10:52

Carlos wrote:
mana94 wrote:i don't think that works for me. when i open my game with origin open, i get the "initialization error at startup" or something like that. i didn't download my base version of the game from games4theworld but the get to work expansion pack is your version and also i applied your fix and they work perfectly fine (thank you for that). so does it have to be your version of the base game for me to be able to go online? is there no way i can get rid of the RLD! sign? i'm really frustrated i've tried everything.

Where exactly did you get it from; what is the uploader's name ? If it's RELOADED, then it's OK. But if it's the old one from Skidrow/3DM, forget that, and re-download ours.

I don't know why you are getting this error when starting up TS4, with Origin open, and the thing with Skidrow's/3DM's game is the only thing that comes to my mind now, sorry.

ok i tried again and the game opened but i'm still getting the RLD! sign. in your thread you never mentioned what should we do if we get this sign the only thing you said was that if we see this sign we can't connect. so what should i do?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 27 Jun 2015, 11:09

mana94 wrote:
ok i tried again and the game opened but i'm still getting the RLD! sign. in your thread you never mentioned what should we do if we get this sign the only thing you said was that if we see this sign we can't connect. so what should i do?

A small technicality: the thread you are referring to is strictly speaking not "mine", but SeoY's. Smile  You could also try adding the freely available Sims 4 CAS demo to the Origin account, which you use for connecting. Just add the demo to your Origin "library". And then try re-connecting with the pirated Sims 4 game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Jun 2015, 17:40

Carlos wrote:
A small technicality: the thread you are referring to is strictly speaking not "mine", but SeoY's. Smile  You could also try adding the freely available Sims 4 CAS demo to the Origin account, which you use for connecting. Just add the demo to your Origin "library". And then try re-connecting with the pirated Sims 4 game.

actually origin's giving me a hard time doing anything. it won't update correctly and won't download the demo. once i could try that i'll let you know. but um.. i'm not really very good with forums but is there anyway SeoY can examine my problem since this is his field of expertise?  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Jun 2015, 03:06

mana94 wrote:
actually origin's giving me a hard time doing anything. it won't update correctly and won't download the demo. once i could try that i'll let you know. but um.. i'm not really very good with forums but is there anyway SeoY can examine my problem since this is his field of expertise?  Very Happy

You can send SeoY a brief PM about this, with a link to this thread. This is the link for the PM:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/privmsg?mode=post&u=17884

Maybe SeoY indeed has more ideas about the issue at hand. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jun 2015, 09:24

Carlos wrote:

You can send SeoY a brief PM about this, with a link to this thread. This is the link for the PM:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/privmsg?mode=post&u=17884

Maybe SeoY indeed has more ideas about the issue at hand. Smile

I sent him a message. thank you.

Edit : hey, i finally got to update origin. and i contacted EA support and they told me how to uninstall origin manually and remove it completely from the computer. after that i re-installed it and it updated. and then i logged in using my origin ID this time, and not my email. and now finally the RLD! sign is gone and it's showing my username instead but when i click it it gives me an " unable to connect " error saying there's no internet connection. but origin is online. do you have any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top