Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I all of a sudden CAN connect online to the gallery after Malware bytes quarentines 3 things!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I all of a sudden CAN connect online to the gallery after Malware bytes quarentines 3 things!? Empty I all of a sudden CAN connect online to the gallery after Malware bytes quarentines 3 things!?

Post by Guest Sun 26 Oct 2014, 10:31

So I did everything the fix told me to do, I have AVG, so i've exempted the sims 4 files on there, but not on Malwarebytes. I was playing normally offline like u guys said it was suppose to, then malwarebytes detects things a few hours after i've stopped playing (tbh, I quarantined without looking up the registry key locations...) once I restarted my laptop & ran the game, I was automatically logged in with my origin username just like when I was playing CAS 2 months ago...

Do u think it has something to do with what was quarentined!? Help 

Not that i'm not happy about being able to use the online features now, but knowing u guys said this crack is suppose to be offline worries me... did I somehow break the crack!? Facepalm

EDIT: Everything seems to be working fine tho.... so far...

Back to top Go down

I all of a sudden CAN connect online to the gallery after Malware bytes quarentines 3 things!? Empty Re: I all of a sudden CAN connect online to the gallery after Malware bytes quarentines 3 things!?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Oct 2014, 12:42

kimirs15 wrote:So I did everything the fix told me to do, I have AVG, so i've exempted the sims 4 files on there, but not on Malwarebytes. I was playing normally offline like u guys said it was suppose to, then malwarebytes detects things a few hours after i've stopped playing (tbh, I quarantined without looking up the registry key locations...) once I restarted my laptop & ran the game, I was automatically logged in with my origin username just like when I was playing CAS 2 months ago...

Do u think it has something to do with what was quarentined!? Help 

Not that i'm not happy about being able to use the online features now, but knowing u guys said this crack is suppose to be offline worries me... did I somehow break the crack!? Facepalm

EDIT: Everything seems to be working fine tho.... so far...

Hello kimirs15,

My guess is that the crack files were "made" in a way as to prevent a connection tom Origin. And yes, it's possible that parts of the crack were deleted, and now you can connect to Origin.

Oh, before I forget it: I strongly advise you NOT to use your precious Origin account with legit serial keys, when using the online gallery in Sims 4; you never know whether you could get banned for that on Origin. Fake accounts are always better for stuff like that.

And this potential "Origin-ban" was one reason I guess, why the crack prevented Origin-connections originally.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

I all of a sudden CAN connect online to the gallery after Malware bytes quarentines 3 things!? Empty Re: I all of a sudden CAN connect online to the gallery after Malware bytes quarentines 3 things!?

Post by Guest Sun 26 Oct 2014, 15:56

Oh thanks 4 replying! Smile

So do u suggest I reinstall the fix or is it ok to leave it like this & just use a fake account!? (I have multiples of those, lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Oct 2014, 16:34

kimirs15 wrote:Oh thanks 4 replying! Smile

So do u suggest I reinstall the fix or is it ok to leave it like this & just use a fake account!? (I have multiples of those, lol)

Hello there! Smile

As long as I've seen, applying the Ultimate Fix won't change that you can connect online on the game. So yes, you may use a fake account and log in as usual. But keep in mind this: as all of the DLC of the Digital Deluxe is tied to the Origin account, if you start the game logged in with one of your fake accounts all of the DLC content will be gone and you'll be left with the bare base game. If you want to use all of the DLC you'll need to be sure that Origin is closed before starting the game, and all of the content will be back. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top