Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Service Initialisation Failure, Sims 3: The Complete Collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Service Initialisation Failure, Sims 3: The Complete Collection Empty Service Initialisation Failure, Sims 3: The Complete Collection

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jun 2015, 04:23

I've recently downloaded The Sims 3: The Complete Collection from G4TW.

I've tried installing twice, and I receive the same error:

"Impossible to start the game.

Service Initialisation Failure (Error Code: 0x0175d824)"

I have Windows 8.1. My account is an administrator account. I recently reformatted my system, and all of my drivers are up-to-date. I am well over playing specs, and have used the individual The Sims 3 G4TW torrents in the past on the same PC without issue. It was functional before reformatting my system, minus epic lag.

The first time I installed, I followed the instructions perfectly. I installed the Base Game, then installed the manual patch to 1.67 (as provided in the Torrent), installed all of expansions in order of release, and then copied over the TS3W and other .dll file into the base game folder.

When this error popped up, I uninstalled everything. I restarted my PC. I checked the registry in regedit (I saw the video about errors from leftover keys), but everything was clear.

The second time I installed, I again followed everything to a T in addition to right-clicking and selecting "run as administrator" for the base game and the expansions. I didn't have any issues with keys. I didn't have any other issues, although both times I've installed Outdoor Living Stuff has given me a notice about my base game being more up-to-date than the expansion itself. I didn't think anything of it.

I still encounter the same error.

I tried downloading the Ultimate Fix and applying the TS3W and the .dll provided there, but to no avail.

I have tried launching the launcher and the .exe (to bypass the launcher) as an administrator, but the error persists.

The error pops up on the beginning screen, which remains black. Normally the opening video should play, then the game loads. My game does not get that far. It opens as a black window and the error pops up.

The launcher states that my game is up to date. The Base Game shows a version of 1.67.x

I have installed Origin, as I read in another post that it assisted another user to have Origin. This did not fix the problem.

This is a fresh install. I do not have any mods or custom content. I am simply installing the games.

I have also renamed my Documents/Electronic Arts in an effort to have the data reinitialised. I have gone into Options and attempted to change screen resolution. While the resolution does change, the error persists. My .NET Framework is up-to-date.

I have also used CCleaner to further clear the registry, although there was no information in regedit inbetween installs.

Thanks for any and all assistance regarding this.

Back to top Go down

Service Initialisation Failure, Sims 3: The Complete Collection Empty Re: Service Initialisation Failure, Sims 3: The Complete Collection

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 01 Jul 2015, 11:19

//MOVED

Welcome to the forum Belldandy21 and sorry for the belated reply,

A vague idea: did you maybe choose a custom install location when installing the base game ? And did you then try and actually "move" the install folders elsewhere, manually ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Service Initialisation Failure, Sims 3: The Complete Collection Empty Re: Service Initialisation Failure, Sims 3: The Complete Collection

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jul 2015, 13:28

Carlos wrote://MOVED

Welcome to the forum Belldandy21 and sorry for the belated reply,

A vague idea: did you maybe choose a custom install location when installing the base game ? And did you then try and actually "move" the install folders elsewhere, manually ?

The first time, I did custom install without changing anything (including location, desktop icons, etc.) and the second time, I did not click on custom install as I thought this may be - even though I never changed the directory, etc. - a possible issue.

And I've never moved the folder, no. It's always been in the same spot: Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts

I also run 64-bit. This is the automatic path for all installations.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Jul 2015, 01:45

Belldandy21 wrote:
The first time, I did custom install without changing anything

Can you be more specific about this ? What exactly did you do the first time; what is a "custom install without changing anything" ? 

If you click on custom install, and change the default install location, you need to be very careful. I still believe you are having the problem because you messed up in the beginning (somewhere) and then didn't uninstall correctly. 

Download and install "Your Un-installer Pro" from this link, and install according to the included instructions:
http://bit.ly/1IWHMTw

Start the program, select The Sims 3, and choose "Super Mode" and follow the on-screen instructions, until it is done. Repeat the procedure with the expansions of TS3. After everything was removed that way, re-boot the computer, and then re-install the game.

I hope that alone will help already, but if not I might need to help out via 'TeamViewer'. Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jul 2015, 01:51

Carlos wrote:
Belldandy21 wrote:
The first time, I did custom install without changing anything

Can you be more specific about this ? What exactly did you do the first time; what is a "custom install without changing anything" ? 

If you click on custom install, and change the default install location, you need to be very careful. I still believe you are having the problem because you messed up in the beginning (somewhere) and then didn't uninstall correctly. 

Download and install "Your Un-installer Pro" from this link, and install according to the included instructions:
x

Start the program, select The Sims 3, and choose "Super Mode" and follow the on-screen instructions, until it is done. Repeat the procedure with the expansions of TS3. After everything was removed that way, re-boot the computer, and then re-install the game.

I hope that alone will help already, but if not I might need to help out via 'TeamViewer'. Good luck for now !

It means when I went through the installers, every single expansion, stuff pack, etc. gives you two options: custom or automatic. I'm installing in French, so the translations must be rusty.

Automatic doesn't let you choose if you get desktop icons, etc.

Custom does.

When I custom installed, I never changed those options.

When I installed the second time, I chose the automatic option that does not ask you these extra questions.

In both cases, I did not change the directory.

I've installed from G4TW before, and never had any issues installing on this same PC with the same OS, many many many times in the past few years. This is the first time I've installed via the Complete Collection; all other times has been through individual expansions, using individual cracks, etc. Much more complicated, that, but for some reason the simple install a.k.a. the Complete Collection is just not that simple apparently.

I'll try the Uninstaller Pro, but like I said, I checked registry after my first uninstall of every expansion, etc. (and restarted my PC before reinstalling), and the directory in RegEdit was completely empty. The Sims 3 wasn't even a folder available to view. (I saw the video about clearing these due to key issues and followed it to a T as well.)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Jul 2015, 02:03

Belldandy21 wrote:
It means when I went through the installers, every single expansion, stuff pack, etc. gives you two options: custom or automatic. I'm installing in French, so the translations must be rusty.

Custom does.

When I installed the second time, I chose the automatic option that does not ask you these extra questions.

I've installed from G4TW before, and never had any issues installing on this same PC with the same OS, many many many times in the past few years. This is the first time I've installed via the Complete Collection; all other times has been through individual expansions, using individual cracks, etc. Much more complicated, that, but for some reason the simple install a.k.a. the Complete Collection is just not that simple apparently.

I'll try the Uninstaller Pro, but like I said, I checked registry after my first uninstall of every expansion, etc. (and restarted my PC before reinstalling), and the directory in RegEdit was completely empty. The Sims 3 wasn't even a folder available to view. (I saw the video about clearing these due to key issues and followed it to a T as well.)

I'm sorry, but I'm guessing there is some sort of miscommunication here, and my French is not very good either, so speaking in French here is not an option for me. In any case, please un-install your stuff according to what I said before. Please do that.

When re-installing, please always select "typical installation" here:

Service Initialisation Failure, Sims 3: The Complete Collection 310

Yes, you can actually install the "Complete Collection" without problems. The Complete Collection is the same as our separate downloads, just with the difference that everything is compiled in ONE (1) pack. But technically everything is the same.

It's NOT recommended anyway to select "custom" installation there. If you have lots of experience with installing software, then you will know that it only takes one second of "in-attention", to mess up. You click through the installer, and then you make a (simple) mistake somewhere if you're not careful.

If you can't get it working, let me know, so that I may look into TeamViewer in that, when I have time. Smile  

P.S. the installation of Sims 3 contains much more data than just the Program files and the registry, which is why you should pay great attention to do everything right, like re-booting after the un-install.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jul 2015, 02:07

Carlos wrote:
Belldandy21 wrote:

Custom does.

I'm sorry, but I'm guessing there is some sort of miscommunication here, and my French is not very good either, so speaking in French here is not an option for me. In any case, please un-install your stuff according to what I said before. Please do that.

When re-installing, please always select "typical installation" here:

Service Initialisation Failure, Sims 3: The Complete Collection 310

Yes, you can actually install the "Complete Collection" without problems. The Complete Collection is the same as our separate downloads, just with the difference that everything is compiled in ONE (1) pack. But technically everything is the same.

It's NOT recommended anyway to select "custom" installation there. If you have lots of experience with installing software, then you will know that it only takes one second of "in-attention", to mess up. You click through the installer, and then you make a (simple) mistake somewhere if you're not careful.

If you can't get it working, let me know, so that I may look into TeamViewer in that, when I have time. Smile  

P.S. the installation of Sims 3 contains much more data than just the Program files and the registry, which is why you should pay great attention to do everything right, like re-booting after the un-install.

Hi. Thanks for replying quickly. I'm using Super Mode right now to go through all the packs.

Like I said, for Custom I never actually changed anything. Directory was the same, didn't click any boxes, but because I thought maybe it was the issue, I afterwards uninstalled, checked registry, restarted PC, checked registry again (to be sure!) and then reinstalled as "Typical". I suppose if something outside the registry is causing the issue left over from the Custom install, where I really didn't touch anything, then Super Mode should fix it.

I'll let you know if it still bugs out after I get through all these packs and reinstall.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jul 2015, 15:20

So after four hours of gruelling uninstalls and reinstalls (after restarting the PC, mind you), I get the exact same error.

Uinstalled in Super Mode, restarted, reinstalled in release order following all instructions, chose Typical installation for everything, did not change the directory or move any files, launched game, error.

I'm at a loss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 06 Jul 2015, 16:52

Hi there,

Please join the Forum's Chatbox (at the top of the homepage) when you see me online on the Forum.
When I have time to help, I'll join the Chatbox too, and I'll try to fix the problem for you via TeamViewer, if you don't mind.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top