Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disc authorization failure or service initiation failure

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disc authorization failure or service initiation failure Empty Disc authorization failure or service initiation failure

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2012, 15:21

confused

I have spent two days and scoured many, many of this website's posts about the ultimate fix and disk authorization failures only to continually receive the error message "disc authorization failure".

I see so many comments about how this process of the ultimate fix worked perfectly, but I have not had such luck.

I download the torrent base game, high end loft, ambitions, and generations. I do not have any mods or custom content. I installed each expansion using an .iso in order of their respected release dates remembering to not copy any crack files to the end of the ultimate fix. I have followed the directions of the ultimate fix to the T. I copied the TS3 and .dll files to each of their appropriate folders, (obviously except for the generations), and then the "generations" files" to the base sims 3/games/bin folder, and after updating the patches through the launch application, I copied the crack into the same base sims 3/games/bin folder.
When I use the game launcher I still receive the "disc authorization failure. We could not verify your copy…" just before I choose my sim family. Or If I try to open the TS3W or TS3 I receive the "service initiation failure" as soon as the game attempts to launch.

I've done this whole process multiple times even trying to tweak a few things I thought I might've gotten wrong each time with the same error message. As the PDF installation describes the process is not difficult, which is why I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

My base game worked perfectly fine before I attempted the expansions. I also tried just the high end loft and/or ambitions without generations or using the ultimate fix, just using the cracks that came with the torrent, but the game launcher told me to insert the CD, or if I click on the TS3W or TS3 in either expansion it said something like service initiation failure or incompatible version to the base.

Does it matter if I copy the ultimate fix files before updating (obviously except for the crack)?

On a side note, what is the point of step one if step 10 replaces those two files ?

Disc authorization failure or service initiation failure Screen

The game launcher installed 1.34:

Disc authorization failure or service initiation failure Prtscn

Last edited by scratchknudsen on Sat 23 Jun 2012, 15:41; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added picture)

Back to top Go down

Disc authorization failure or service initiation failure Empty Re: Disc authorization failure or service initiation failure

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 23 Jun 2012, 16:32

Hello,

What kind of numeric code are you getting with that service initialization error? It can help us determine the problem.

I'm wondering about this folder you're showing though, a couple of things appear out of place. And there seem to be some files missing. Could you show a detailed screenshot that has date etc?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Disc authorization failure or service initiation failure Empty Re: Disc authorization failure or service initiation failure

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2012, 19:48

Service initiation failed 0x024e424f

Here is a more detailed screenshot with the dates, and let me explain why it looks this way. I will call this screenshot "detailed bin folder." There are more files underneath the 'setup.dll' which the screenshot could not see.

Disc authorization failure or service initiation failure Detailed+screen

This is the torrent I downloaded: The_Sims_3-Razor1911.
When I mounted the .iso using Damon tools, upon opening that file on the newly created E: this is the first screen: I will call this screenshot "base game 1":

Disc authorization failure or service initiation failure Based+game1

And then the Game/bin folder looks like this: "base game 2"

Disc authorization failure or service initiation failure Base+game2

Because I noticed that my bin folder looked different than the videos I watched, I copied all of the files, except for the folders, that were visible immediately upon opening the .iso (as are visible in the screenshot I label "base game 1"), and I put them into the bin folder, which is why the screenshot I label "detail bin folder" looks the way it does. Although when I was running just the base game and it was working, doing this copying and pasting had no effect on the game performance.

I did the same file copying and pasting with my generations torrent, The.Sims.3.Generations-RELOADED. Also the ambitions and high end loft.

To me the generations torrent seemed like it was missing files, but I don't know what a legitimate version looks like.

Here is the first screenshot when I open the mounted .iso: "generations 1"
Looks similar to the other torrents I downloaded.

Disc authorization failure or service initiation failure Generations1

But the bin folder looks like its missing files, in my opinion, yet I don't think I know talking about. "generations 2"

Disc authorization failure or service initiation failure Generations2

Thank you so much for helping people with this.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 23 Jun 2012, 19:51

Hello,

I see. I think I'd be more comfortable having Admin look this over. You definitely have too many files in the base game\bin, but I'm not sure how that would effect your problem.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 23 Jun 2012, 19:56

Hello,

Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top