Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

0xc000007b error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

0xc000007b error Empty 0xc000007b error

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jun 2015, 01:50

Hi all, new here. Just wanted to say I love this site and have used it many, many times.

I keep having the error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application." I've scoured the forums and read all possible "fixes" and have not had luck.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the redist files, I've turned off my firewall and completely removed my anti-virus *gasp*, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Sims 4 at least 6 times since yesterday, and I have have, each time, applied the ultimate fix.

When I click on the icon on my desktop, it asks me "the publisher could not be verified, Are you sure you want to run this software?" And I have to click "run". Idk if that has anything to do with it.

HALP. Why. Why God.

Back to top Go down

0xc000007b error Empty Re: 0xc000007b error

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jun 2015, 01:53

Also, I am running Windows 7 home premium service pack 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jul 2015, 10:28

maybe it's because of the corrupted mods, try deleting your mods or the mods you previously installed before that problem occurred.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jul 2015, 04:17

Welp guess I'm gonna just go buy the game I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Jul 2015, 13:38

p!553d0ff wrote:Hi all, new here. Just wanted to say I love this site and have used it many, many times.

I keep having the error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application." I've scoured the forums and read all possible "fixes" and have not had luck.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the redist files, I've turned off my firewall and completely removed my anti-virus *gasp*, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Sims 4 at least 6 times since yesterday, and I have have, each time, applied the ultimate fix.

When I click on the icon on my desktop, it asks me "the publisher could not be verified, Are you sure you want to run this software?" And I have to click "run". Idk if that has anything to do with it.

HALP. Why. Why God.

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Make sure that you also de-activate "Windows Defender" or "Microsoft Security Essentials", if you have it. See again this here: 
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

And AFTER (re-) doing this procedure, try re-downloading the crack-only here:
http://bit.ly/1dL2nT0

Copy & paste those files (inside the .RAR) into C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. When prompted, overwrite the existing files. Then re-start the game, and see if that shows any improvement. 

p!553d0ff wrote:I've scoured the forums and read all possible "fixes" and have not had luck.

I'm sorry to hear that you were not lucky with our tutorials/guides and any other posts we made, but please acknowledge that we can only do and say so much as our "experience" allows us. And yes, even though you may not believe it, these problems are almost always due to something interfering with the crack of the game.

If you really cannot get it working, then I'm afrid that - for now - you'll need to let it be. Until we maybe find different ways to "present" the information and guides in an easier way.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Jul 2015, 17:44

Carlos wrote:
p!553d0ff wrote:Hi all, new here. Just wanted to say I love this site and have used it many, many times.

HALP. Why. Why God.

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Make sure that you also de-activate "Windows Defender" or "Microsoft Security Essentials", if you have it. See again this here: 
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

And AFTER (re-) doing this procedure, try re-downloading the crack-only here:
http://bit.ly/1dL2nT0

Copy & paste those files (inside the .RAR) into C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. When prompted, overwrite the existing files. Then re-start the game, and see if that shows any improvement. 

p!553d0ff wrote:I've scoured the forums and read all possible "fixes" and have not had luck.

I'm sorry to hear that you were not lucky with our tutorials/guides and any other posts we made, but please acknowledge that we can only do and say so much as our "experience" allows us. And yes, even though you may not believe it, these problems are almost always due to something interfering with the crack of the game.

If you really cannot get it working, then I'm afrid that - for now - you'll need to let it be. Until we maybe find different ways to "present" the information and guides in an easier way.
I can read your guides just fine. I did for the whole process. I was also not just referring to your site.

I had completely removed MSE. I have added the program to my firewall and turned my firewall off. I have put the crack in multiple times.

The link you gave me is for a different error, but I tried it nonetheless.

I'm still not having any luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 12 Jul 2015, 22:18

p!553d0ff wrote:I can read your guides just fine. I did for the whole process. I was also not just referring to your site.

I had completely removed MSE. I have added the program to my firewall and turned my firewall off. I have put the crack in multiple times.

The link you gave me is for a different error, but I tried it nonetheless.

I'm still not having any luck.

The link I posted has a different topic title than yours, yes. But still, it is essential to do. Just because the topic title of a "fix" is different you should not automatically assume that it is useless/not helpfule or whatever. Smile  You can be "curious", yes, but in the end, you can trust me that when I suggest something on the forum here, then I mean it.

That said, I guess that something else on your computer is interfering with the crack of Sims 4. That is unfortunately very common, and at that point I can't really say much else here. It will be up to you to figure out what is blocking the crack of the game. I've seen some people having Lavasoft's "Web Companion" installed, and after removing it, their game suddenly worked. However, there are tons of unnecessary "security bloatware" out on the internet; these are downsized anti-virus or anti-malware programs that often come along with installing other freeware - and often without the user knowing about them.

That is very unspecific, yes, but that's the best I can suggest for now. Sorry.

P.S. I actually had the exact same error myself actually when "Get to Work" came out, and despite me having configured all my stuff correctly, the crack files still got damaged somehow. Luckily, I was able to put in another set of fresh crack-files, and that worked, but in your case, there may still be another "hidden" security program.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top