Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been trying for 5 hours to get GTW expansion to 'WORK!'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I've been trying for 5 hours to get GTW expansion to 'WORK!' Empty I've been trying for 5 hours to get GTW expansion to 'WORK!'

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jul 2015, 04:17

Why. You can see from the title my distress. I have been trying all day and night to get the 'GTW' expansion to function... I have 2 issues.

1.) Origin opens every time I start the game, and makes it crash

1.a) If I have it on offline mode, TS4 runs, but no expansion packs...

2.) I don't know how to make Origin stay closed after ending all its processes and the log-in window, it keeps reappearing upon start of the .exe

2a.) Please, no one send me links to places unless they will actually help... I've searched far and wide! I've seen all the links sent before, yadayadayada, but none of them helped me. I have applied the ULTIMATE FIX, and it really isn't fixing my issues. TS4 works fine, but the expansion pack doesn't even load.   Why God. 

So, if anyone knows how to help me, please do so.

P.s (This might be a repeat, but just to say.)  PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME ANY LINKS TO THE ULTIMATE FIXES OR ANYTHING, UNLESS IT HELPS EXACTLY WHAT I ASKED FOR ;-; Kk? Thanks.  Surprised

Back to top Go down

I've been trying for 5 hours to get GTW expansion to 'WORK!' Empty Re: I've been trying for 5 hours to get GTW expansion to 'WORK!'

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jul 2015, 19:24

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
3 days and nothing.

Back to top Go down

I've been trying for 5 hours to get GTW expansion to 'WORK!' Empty Re: I've been trying for 5 hours to get GTW expansion to 'WORK!'

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jul 2015, 20:42

I have the same problem and don't know how to fix this

Back to top Go down

Post by night_lights Tue 07 Jul 2015, 12:21

Try un-installing origin, if that doesn't work.
Go to Documents>Electronic Arts and then move The Sims 4 folder to your desktop (not copy and pasting but fully moving the Sims 4 file to your desktop)
Then open the game again, and wait for the files to re-generate. Close the game, then apply the ultimate fix and the expansion pack.
If you have saves, mods and sims you want back in your game, go to the sims 4 folder on your desktop and copy and paste then replace these files:
Mods, Saves and Tray.
You can re-install origin at this point, though it's not necessary unless you want to connect to the gallery.
Oh and you can delete the sims 4 file that's on your desktop.
Sorry if this doesn't work, I have a Windows PC so I know a little bit. But I mainly use my macbook for the sims so I can really only go off what has worked on my mac rather than my pc.
Good luck  What a Face

Last edited by night_lights on Tue 07 Jul 2015, 12:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar fix)
night_lights
night_lights
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Stupid Test 4, Shop Empire 2

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Jul 2015, 12:52

APersonnamedAPerson wrote:WhatDidUJustCallMe?
3 days and nothing.

Welcome to the forum and sorry for the late reply,

If you find that your post has been overlooked, feel free to PM a Moderator, who will try to get back to your message as soon as possible. I think this is also stated in the forum rules, that you may contact a Moderator after 24 hours of not getting a reply. Also, you may use the search function to check out earlier posts, as these 'technical' questions - for the most part - have been answered already in the past; if you really need help urgently.

Back to topic...in 99.9% of all cases, Origin doesn't have any influence at all on this, so forget about it (for now). Are you sure you copied and pasted the Ultimate fix files into the CORRECT location ? Which would be C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 (it is NOT the one in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4).

Also, have you made sure to configure your anti-virus exclusions properly... ? See this post here and do all the suggestions:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

And AFTER (re-) doing this procedure, try re-downloading the crack-only here:

http://bit.ly/1dL2nT0

Copy & paste those files (inside the .RAR) into C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin. When prompted, overwrite the existing files. Then re-start the game, and see if that shows any improvement. 

Good luck  - that is all I can say for now.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jul 2015, 13:08

I tried everything and for now i can say that the only soulution for me was to reinstall the game... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Jul 2015, 17:11

lena.jukic wrote:I tried everything and for now i can say that the only soulution for me was to reinstall the game... Very Happy

Indeed, that can also be an option, according to a few other users with similar problems. Smile  Have fun with the game !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jul 2015, 17:23

Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top