Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing File?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing File? Empty Missing File?

Post by Guest Sat 04 Jul 2015, 17:02

Hello,

So I've wanted to update my sims 4. And Im following the guide so Im having a problem..

Missing File? QeVndA1

Unless I am being a blind bat, I can't see the file. Please help?

edit 1: I've already added did step 1 before, and added the folder to my anti virus.

Just a quick edit: I saw someone posting the same problem as me and the admin said that its the wrong file and that the person downloaded it somewhere else, but I am 100% sure I downloaded iit to this folder and also when I check out the properties for The Sims 4 its redirecting me to this folder.

Back to top Go down

Missing File? Empty Re: Missing File?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 Jul 2015, 17:24

Hello and sorry for the belated reply,

Are you sure you are looking in the right place... ? See this screenshot from my own system:

Missing File? O5vhwosyahq

Note that if your Windows is a 32-bit version, you will (probably) only see the vcredist_86.exe.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jul 2015, 20:29

Hello,

that's okay. Yes I am sure I am in the right folder. I've even attached a screenshot. I can't find it.
Also before when I was updating my game, it was in this folder. I dont know where it disappeared. If you can give me tips to look anywhere else I will gladly follow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jul 2015, 20:44

The file is missing by me too...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Jul 2015, 23:33

Did your anti-virus delete it by accident? Did you check the quarantine? I've had stuff disappear on me as I was setting things up cause my anti-virus kept sending vital files to it's quarantine, and I kept having to remove it and exceptioning it. I remember even at one point just pausing my anti-virus, letting the setup go thru and then making sure the whole directory is on the exception list. Some programs/having a sensitive anti-virus just have been wonky that way. I've even had my anti-virus breaking downloads and making them incomplete. I hate to say this, but maybe you could pause your anti-virus download it again and let the install run thru? I guarantee G4TW is not full of viruses or malware. You should be ok for just that long, wouldn't ya think? That's the only way to make sure to help rule out that possibility. Other than that, your issue seems odd. Files don't just move themselves unless 'something' is complicating things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jul 2015, 00:42

i disabled the antivirus till restart but the file is still missing... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jul 2015, 03:38

Xon wrote:Did your anti-virus delete it by accident? Did you check the quarantine? I've had stuff disappear on me as I was setting things up cause my anti-virus kept sending vital files to it's quarantine, and I kept having to remove it and exceptioning it. I remember even at one point just pausing my anti-virus, letting the setup go thru and then making sure the whole directory is on the exception list. Some programs/having a sensitive anti-virus just have been wonky that way. I've even had my anti-virus breaking downloads and making them incomplete. I hate to say this, but maybe you could pause your anti-virus download it again and let the install run thru? I guarantee G4TW is not full of viruses or malware. You should be ok for just that long, wouldn't ya think? That's the only way to make sure to help rule out that possibility. Other than that, your issue seems odd. Files don't just move themselves unless 'something' is complicating things.

When I downloaded the first update, I made sure to follow the rules and move all the files into my anti-virus where it says to "trust" these files/documents. I will try to download "The Sims 4 Ultimate Fix Update-only (Click to download)" ... and I'll come back to you. Unless you meant to download something else?I dont really want to re-downloaded the whole sims again because Im in a part in my game where I'm having a big family and I am really into it lol. So I really hope youre not telling me to re-install/download the whole game.
I will get back to you. If you got any other ideas please don't heisitate to write. Thank you for the help/advice.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Jul 2015, 06:05

Doleful wrote:
When I downloaded the first update, I made sure to follow the rules and move all the files into my anti-virus where it says to "trust" these files/documents. I will try to download "The Sims 4 Ultimate Fix Update-only (Click to download)" ... and I'll come back to you. Unless you meant to download something else?I dont really want to re-downloaded the whole sims again because Im in a part in my game where I'm having a big family and I am really into it lol. So I really hope youre not telling me to re-install/download the whole game.
I will get back to you. If you got any other ideas please don't heisitate to write. Thank you for the help/advice.

I don't know what went wrong in your install, but anti-virus issues are unlikely the cause here in this case. You can also download those files from Microsoft directly:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Also, if you made sure to download and install ALL available Windows updates (via the System Control Panel), then you should already have those files installed anyway...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jul 2015, 07:01

Carlos wrote:
Doleful wrote:

I don't know what went wrong in your install, but anti-virus issues are unlikely the cause here in this case. You can also download those files from Microsoft directly:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Also, if you made sure to download and install ALL available Windows updates (via the System Control Panel), then you should already have those files installed anyway...
I don't understand what do you want me to do. Do you want me to get this ? and move it into my Sims folder or? I'm lost >-<

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Jul 2015, 07:09

Doleful wrote:I don't understand what do you want me to do. Do you want me to get this ? and move it into my Sims folder or? I'm lost >-<

Why else would I post this, if I didn't want you to "get this" ? Smile  Your original problem was about those two files named vcredist_86.exe and vcredist_64.exe, right ? And you cannot seem to "find" them in the install folder of The Sims 4 ?

Now you go to the site I linked to and click on the red "Download"-button, and mark the two files mentioned. Download them, and after that DOUBLE-CLICK on each of them in order to install them. Follow the on-screen instructions regarding the installation. 

After that is done, try running the game again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jul 2015, 02:24

Carlos wrote:
Doleful wrote:I don't understand what do you want me to do. Do you want me to get this ? and move it into my Sims folder or? I'm lost >-<

Why else would I post this, if I didn't want you to "get this" ? Smile  Your original problem was about those two files named vcredist_86.exe and vcredist_64.exe, right ? And you cannot seem to "find" them in the install folder of The Sims 4 ?

Now you go to the site I linked to and click on the red "Download"-button, and mark the two files mentioned. Download them, and after that DOUBLE-CLICK on each of them in order to install them. Follow the on-screen instructions regarding the installation. 

After that is done, try running the game again.
I understood the part of download it, but I didnt understand if you want me to put it into the folder or just download it wherever I desire. I need it to be a bit more specific because English isn't my first language. So please.

I tried to get the file but the website is not allowing me to get it for an odd reason. I will try a few times more but for now its not letting me. If it will let me. I will update this thread, but if theres another solution, I'd appreciate it. Thank you for helping me with this case.

My problem isn't running the game but updating it, if you got confusde. but if it will let me.. once again, I will try to update it if the Windows website will let me.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Jul 2015, 06:35

Doleful wrote:I understood the part of download it, but I didnt understand if you want me to put it into the folder or just download it wherever I desire. I need it to be a bit more specific because English isn't my first language. So please.

I tried to get the file but the website is not allowing me to get it for an odd reason. I will try a few times more but for now its not letting me. If it will let me. I will update this thread, but if theres another solution, I'd appreciate it. Thank you for helping me with this case.

My problem isn't running the game but updating it, if you got confusde. but if it will let me.. once again, I will try to update it if the Windows website will let me.

It's alright; calm down. If you had to put that into a folder, I simply would have mentioned it. But I did not tell you to put it somewhere. I only suggested to download and run the installer. Smile  

The site isn't letting me download it either, so I guess there is some sort of problem. Besides, if you can run the game, you probably have installed those files earlier at some point (via the Windows update for example). 

Now...after installing the base game, install "Get to Work", which is available from this site. Apply the files according to the instructions. After that, download and apply the files from the latest Ultimate fix, available here.

And that should do !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jul 2015, 23:10

Carlos wrote:
Doleful wrote:I understood the part of download it, but I didnt understand if you want me to put it into the folder or just download it wherever I desire. I need it to be a bit more specific because English isn't my first language. So please.

It's alright; calm down. If you had to put that into a folder, I simply would have mentioned it. But I did not tell you to put it somewhere. I only suggested to download and run the installer. Smile  

The site isn't letting me download it either, so I guess there is some sort of problem. Besides, if you can run the game, you probably have installed those files earlier at some point (via the Windows update for example). 

Now...after installing the base game, install "Get to Work", which is available from this site. Apply the files according to the instructions. After that, download and apply the files from the latest Ultimate fix, available here.

And that should do !

I am calm =) I was just trying to make myself clear in the future of you helping me with this problem.

I followed everything, but Im having a problem. In the folder, theres only "vcredist_x86.exe”.. Is that okay if there is no x64?
also I took a peek at "ultimate fix" folder.. and I am missing DLC and vc from there.. And I will be moving the folder into my sims folder.. but what if I wanted to update it in the future.. will I have to go through all that again?

just an update : I downloaded "ultimate fix" again but my anti virus poped and said the follow msg: Missing File? JJHgvHO

I dont know if it can help you. but here you go.

Thanks for helping me. Once again, I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just trying to make myself clear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jul 2015, 23:54

Apologies. I only brought up what I did due to past experiences. Anti-viruses can be touchy. Sometimes fiddling around with settings can help. O well... I hope you figure it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 01:53

Xon wrote:Apologies. I only brought up what I did due to past experiences. Anti-viruses can be touchy. Sometimes fiddling around with settings can help. O well... I hope you figure it out.

That's okay. Every help is appreciated. I tried turning the anti virus off, but still it didn't work. But my game did seem to update, I'm figuring its because of the link Carlos sent me, but its still somewhat bothers me that the file is missing, and about future updates.

I possibly might have updated everything but I am slightly confusde and if someone with completly update Sims could help. After running the ultra fix file that Carlos sent me, I got on the game, it explained to me about the new careers and hospitals and shops, and I got a new map(world), I also recieved new clothes and make up. I dont know if it completly updated my game with the link you sent me Carlos, but it looks quite updated.. Unless there is possibly anything else new in it? because I really don't got anything to compare it with.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 11 Jul 2015, 08:48

Doleful wrote:
That's okay. Every help is appreciated. I tried turning the anti virus off, but still it didn't work. But my game did seem to update, I'm figuring its because of the link Carlos sent me, but its still somewhat bothers me that the file is missing, and about future updates.

I possibly might have updated everything but I am slightly confusde and if someone with completly update Sims could help. After running the ultra fix file that Carlos sent me, I got on the game, it explained to me about the new careers and hospitals and shops, and I got a new map(world), I also recieved new clothes and make up. I dont know if it completly updated my game with the link you sent me Carlos, but it looks quite updated.. Unless there is possibly anything else new in it? because I really don't got anything to compare it with.

Thanks.

If you installed "Get to Work" at first and then the latest Ultimate fix - according to instructions - then your game is fully updated now, and there is nothing else you need to do anymore. When a new fix comes out, you will need to re-copy and re-paste the files again, but that shouldn't be a problem.

As for the missing vcredist-files, I can't tell why they are missing. But as long as you are able to run the game, you should be fine. Smile

Xon wrote:Apologies. I only brought up what I did due to past experiences. Anti-viruses can be touchy. Sometimes fiddling around with settings can help. O well... I hope you figure it out.

No worries @Xon. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jul 2015, 00:20

Carlos wrote:
Doleful wrote:

Thanks.

If you installed "Get to Work" at first and then the latest Ultimate fix - according to instructions - then your game is fully updated now, and there is nothing else you need to do anymore. When a new fix comes out, you will need to re-copy and re-paste the files again, but that shouldn't be a problem.

As for the missing vcredist-files, I can't tell why they are missing. But as long as you are able to run the game, you should be fine. Smile

No worries @Xon. Smile

Okay. Thank you for the help.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Jul 2015, 11:40

Doleful wrote:

Is your problem solved now, or can I consider the topic "closed" ? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Aug 2015, 03:57

Carlos wrote:
Doleful wrote:

Is your problem solved now, or can I consider the topic "closed" ? Smile
You can close it. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content