Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing a file? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing a file? [SOLVED] Empty Missing a file? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 00:59

I have downloaded many of your sims things (meaning all of them) and have never had a problem so I wonder if maybe I messed up this download somehow? I have read all the forum postings about how to make CC work, asw with sims 3 I have never had an issue. I had at one point had CC on sims 4 before up and working just fine. Then something weird happened to my game, so I reinstalled it, and it gave me the option to repair it, which I did. But I am now missing a mods folder, and so I thought perhaps I could create one like in sims 3 and use a resource file, but it does not work. I have installed the fix, but am still missing the folder. Is there anything I can do, or should i completely uninstall and reinstall the game? :DedicatedToLorilihim

Back to top Go down

Missing a file? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Missing a file? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 21:18

Hi there, @ticklemeskittles, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Could you tell us exactly the location where you are searching for the Mods folder? And where did you apply the Ultimate Fix?

The Mods folder should be in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, while the Ultimate Fix needs to be applied to Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Also remember that you need to start the game at least once to make sure the Mods folder is generated.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2015, 07:57

This is why I am not in charge of anything >_< I was going to program files instead of documents. Everything was right. Except my reading skills it seems. All mods are working perfectly. Thanks so much ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Mar 2015, 15:05

ticklemeskittles wrote:This is why I am not in charge of anything >_< I was going to program files instead of documents. Everything was right. Except my reading skills it seems. All mods are working perfectly. Thanks so much ^_^

Indeed, for some reason, many people do not seem to be able to find the location "My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods". Acknowledging this 'weakness', I have updated that part of my guide here accordingly:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18175-how-to-install-custom-content-in-ts4-package-files-script-mods-custom-sims-lots-updated-on-21-03-2015

The absolutely correct location, which might be easier for you to find in the future then, is:

C:\Users\(your username)\My Documents/Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

Since the problem seems solved though, I will close the topic. Feel free to open a new one, anytime. Have fun ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top