Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to create DMGs so I can install TS3 EPs, but Disk Utility has stopped working. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trying to create DMGs so I can install TS3 EPs, but Disk Utility has stopped working. [SOLVED] Empty Trying to create DMGs so I can install TS3 EPs, but Disk Utility has stopped working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jul 2015, 08:27

Hi

I've been creating DMGs so I could install the G4TW Sims 3 Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs.  I got many of the stuff packs in order, but can't get anything else installed because Disk Utility stopped creating the DMGs.  It'll say "Creating..." and stop at a certain point.  What can I do?  It only does this to the larger files, which is why I got the Stuff Packs done, because they're low in GB.

Any ideas? Why.

Back to top Go down

Trying to create DMGs so I can install TS3 EPs, but Disk Utility has stopped working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Trying to create DMGs so I can install TS3 EPs, but Disk Utility has stopped working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jul 2015, 03:06

If you don't have enough space to extract/create a dmg of approximately 500mbs - 1gb more than the file, then it will probably get stuck. Just like when u extract a zip/rar file, u need extra storage to extract it.

However, if it's NOT because of not having enough space to extract, then please provide more information on it. (picture)

Back to top Go down

Trying to create DMGs so I can install TS3 EPs, but Disk Utility has stopped working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Trying to create DMGs so I can install TS3 EPs, but Disk Utility has stopped working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jul 2015, 08:05

Fixed it myself!  Sorry!  Found out its because the external hard drive i use wasn't formatted to accept DMGs bigger than 4GB

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 09 Jul 2015, 10:51

Hi there,

Then it was probably formatted as FAT, instead of the newer NTFS. (Which does support files bigger than 4GB)
I'll close this topic now. The Sims Plumbob 1
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top