Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with Get to Work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with Get to Work Empty Help with Get to Work

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jul 2015, 22:28

Okay, I'm desperate now.
I bought the base game when it came out, and I have tried to install Get to Work from y'all.
I do not have any anti-virus software on my computer right now.
My friend who has successfully downloaded all of the Sims 3 from here connected to my computer through TeamView and she couldn't figure it out either.

The version I have is 1.8.61.1020.... could that have something to do with it?
We've tried to research and research what to do.. are we missing something simple?
We tried the ultimate fix, as well.

As of now, all the letters on my screen are blurring together and I have just ran into a wall, not sure what to do anymore.
I deleted all of the Get to Work files from my computer, and am starting over.
Heeeelp me please!

I'm going to try to get it to work again.
I feel like we are missing something simple.
And don't laugh, I'm not a total whiz at computer stuff.. I know some but not all.
Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Help with Get to Work Empty Re: Help with Get to Work

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 09 Jul 2015, 20:01

marissapaige wrote:Okay, I'm desperate now.
I bought the base game when it came out, and I have tried to install Get to Work from y'all.
I do not have any anti-virus software on my computer right now.
My friend who has successfully downloaded all of the Sims 3 from here connected to my computer through TeamView and she couldn't figure it out either.

The version I have is 1.8.61.1020.... could that have something to do with it?
We've tried to research and research what to do.. are we missing something simple?
We tried the ultimate fix, as well.

As of now, all the letters on my screen are blurring together and I have just ran into a wall, not sure what to do anymore.
I deleted all of the Get to Work files from my computer, and am starting over.
Heeeelp me please!

I'm going to try to get it to work again.
I feel like we are missing something simple.
And don't laugh, I'm not a total whiz at computer stuff.. I know some but not all.
Thank you!

Hello and welcome to the forum,

This is unfortunately a common mistake among people who bought the game on Origin. The issue is that you updated (accidentally) to the new version 1.8.61.1020. But the latest Ultimate fix from G4TW only supports version 1.7.65.1020. Hence your game just cannot work. Smile  Meaning you will need to wait until a new Ultimate fix has been released, that will actually support the 1.8.61.1020 game patch version.

You should disable automatic game updates in Origin. See this post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20385-a-note-for-owners-of-the-sims-4-version-on-origin
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top