Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could I run TS4 on my laptop?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Could I run TS4 on my laptop? Empty Could I run TS4 on my laptop?

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jul 2015, 15:37

Hey guys,
So...I know about the System Requirements Lab detection which tells you whether a specified would run or not on a pc. I've tried it but I don't trust it, it said that I can't even play TS2 or TS3 and both run smoothly for me. So I decided you guys, with more experience, could help me.
These are my laptop specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit
2 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 3200 Graphics, 891 MB

Can TS4 run with these specs? Noob

Back to top Go down

Could I run TS4 on my laptop? Empty Re: Could I run TS4 on my laptop?

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jul 2015, 18:38

needs more information like processor ram etc. run dxdiag

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 17 Jul 2015, 20:45

Daisy18 wrote:Hey guys,
So...I know about the System Requirements Lab detection which tells you whether a specified would run or not on a pc. I've tried it but I don't trust it, it said that I can't even play TS2 or TS3 and both run smoothly for me. So I decided you guys, with more experience, could help me.
These are my laptop specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit
2 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 3200 Graphics, 891 MB

Can TS4 run with these specs? Noob

//MOVED

Hello again,

See this here for the official requirements:
http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-system-requirements/

What are your CPU specs ? Other than that you seem to fulfill the minimum requirements, and...if you say you can play TS3, you should be able to run TS4 too. 

Hope this helps ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jul 2015, 07:19

Oh, my CPU is AMD Sempron SI-42, 2,1 Ghz.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Jul 2015, 11:39

Daisy18 wrote:Oh, my CPU is AMD Sempron SI-42, 2,1 Ghz.

Then I think for the moment you should be doing fine. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jul 2015, 11:50

That CPU is not good, I don't understand how could you run Sims 3 on it seeing as people with far better processors have issues.

Yours has the same clock as the minimum recommended one, except dual core is recommended and yours is a single core. Even if you manage to run TS4, I can't see it running well. Not to mention you have integrated graphics and only 2GB RAM. Since 2GB RAM is minimum recommended, and you've got no VRAM (integrated graphics), well I won't get into explaining it, but let's just say I'd expect out of memory crashes.

You can try to run it, but I wouldn't hope for anything if I were you.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Jul 2015, 12:00

urmom wrote:That CPU is not good, I don't understand how could you run Sims 3 on it seeing as people with far better processors have issues.

Maybe she doesn't have all TS3 expansions installed: something that most people (even after all these years in which TS3 is out now) still underestimate. And yes, for the purpose of running TS4 (at the moment) that should still be enough. Maybe not on highest settings, but it should suffice for the moment. 

You do NOT need to have a high-end gaming rig to run TS4 (or even TS3) properly - which is another common misconception.

@Daisy18, the best way is just to try it, and you can (if needed) also use the tool GameBooster, that could also help a little bit to improve performance. See this here:
http://dl.razerzone.com/master-guides/RazerGameBooster/GameBoosterOMG-ENG.pdf

Good luck ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jul 2015, 13:25

Carlos wrote:You do NOT need to have a high-end gaming rig to run TS4 (or even TS3) properly - which is another common misconception.

No mention of high-end PCs in my post, just saying she doesn't meet minimum requirements published by EA when it comes to CPU. PC that does meet minimum requirements is still no where near being a high end PC.

Good luck anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Jul 2015, 15:39

urmom wrote:
No mention of high-end PCs in my post, just saying she doesn't meet minimum requirements published by EA when it comes to CPU. PC that does meet minimum requirements is still no where near being a high end PC.

Good luck anyway.

Your message implies that even better hardware might have problems with those games. Whether you were now speaking about CPUs only, or "good enough PCs" or "high-end PCs" doesn't matter, as in the end your message signals "you got no chance to run the game".

But guess what: you can still play many modern games even if you don't (exactly) fulfill the minimum requirements. See this here for example. Or this here. And probably tons of other examples on the net.

Those "published minimum requirements" of all games are always rough guidelines only, and not fixed numbers that need to be fulfilled at any cost. Another common misbelief.

It's not very encouraging to suggest to people with weaker hardware, that they simply do not fulfill some 'minimum requirements', without any further elaboration or possibilites on how to compensate for that disadvantage. Although - in the end - there is no good substitute for capable hardware, you can actually do quite a lot to compensate for this weakness.

P.S. traditionally, Sims-franchise games are "heavy" on the RAM, and not so much on the CPU, hence CPU requirements can be considered lower on the priority list. The OP's RAM isn't good, but still it should be enough to run the game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jul 2015, 18:42

urmom wrote:That CPU is not good, I don't understand how could you run Sims 3 on it seeing as people with far better processors have issues.

Yours has the same clock as the minimum recommended one, except dual core is recommended and yours is a single core. Even if you manage to run TS4, I can't see it running well. Not to mention you have integrated graphics and only 2GB RAM. Since 2GB RAM is minimum recommended, and you've got no VRAM (integrated graphics), well I won't get into explaining it, but let's just say I'd expect out of memory crashes.

You can try to run it, but I wouldn't hope for anything if I were you.
 It runs TS3 very very well. Ok, I had just Seasons, Pets, Generations and Late night.
Ok thanks for ruining my hopes. I'll try on my home computer...after it gets a new hard disk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jul 2015, 19:36

Carlos wrote:P.S. traditionally, Sims-franchise games are "heavy" on the RAM, and not so much on the CPU, hence CPU requirements can be considered lower on the priority list. The OP's RAM isn't good, but still it should be enough to run the game.

The reason why Sims 3 lags is because of CPU processing. I wouldn't say the games are very heavy on RAM, they went with 32-bit for Sims 4 so they are clearly not expecting it to cross over 4GB. That's not much for a game that came out recently.
And while I know minimum requirements aren't exact requirements, it's more of a "try and see if you can run it" and "if you can't, it's not our fault". If she had higher clocked single core Intel processor, she'd have more of a chance since Intel procesors have far better single core performance. I don't know what's wrong with telling someone they don't meet the requirements. I ran Sims 4 on AMD Athlon II X2 250 and I can't say it ran smoothly for me, even though I've exceeded minimum requirements. Though it might have been an issue with that patch level.

I'm not telling her not to try, but no need to get her hopes too high and then let her be disappointed only after she downloads it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Jul 2015, 20:36

urmom wrote:I don't know what's wrong with telling someone they don't meet the requirements. 

From your perspective, there is indeed nothing wrong about stating that requirements are not met. But by the standards of the G4TW team it isn't. You will understand that we tend to elaborate more, and not just say "your hardware sucks" or something similar. As I explained above.

I know that Lady ElDi for instance had a similarly weak computer (as the OP) for quite a while, but she managed to play TS3 and some expansions at least somewhat properly. 

Ultimately, the overall performance of a PC will depend on the balance of all hardware parts taken together, like CPU, motherboard, GPU, the hard-drive type (SSD vs. HDD), etc. Often, it's not just about a single component in a computer; but about the "overall picture". But it's alright, if that is what you believe, then so be it. Maybe you are right with this particular AMD-processor, I can't tell for sure. But before we get too much off-topic here (yes, we actually are already), feel free to open your own new topic about this issue please. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top