Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAH/CAS very slow

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CAH/CAS very slow Empty CAH/CAS very slow

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 13:40

Hello,

I'm new here so sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place, I've been trying my best to find fixes to my game problems through the forum, but thought it best to ask here because I'm running out of options!

I downloaded The Sims 3, along with Seasons, Generations, Island Paradise, Ambitions, Pets, Supernatural, Master Suite Stuff, Town Life Stuff, High End Loft Stuff, Showtime, World Adventures, University life and Late Night two days ago from your piratebay page.

My laptop specifications are as follows; Intel Core Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz processor, 3GB ram, 32-bit operating system (64-bit capable) with a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 series graphics card. 

The game had issues with crashing to the desktop with (SIMS 3 HAS STOPPED RESPONDING) error, I managed to sort that through allowing the computer to use the 3GB ram rather than 2GB on the advice on another topic on the forum, this stopped the error (I think) and it hasn't crashed since. 

However, my current issue is the painful speed of the Create a Household option, the game is a bit slow loading up and slower when loading up the town, but when I go into CAH it's the worst it could be. It takes around about 30 seconds from clicking on a item of clothing before it actually shows up on the sim (if it even does at all) it's just so so slow. Last night the game glitched a bit on CAH, it worked fine for the first sim but with the second it wouldn't even change the clothes on the sim (clicking and nothing happening) along with seriously long lagging. It came to an end when I tried changing the sim from young adult to adult, it was loading for around 5 minutes before the sims 'skin' vanished and turned a dark green colour with the only part of the sim still there was his eyes. 

The gameplay works absolutely fine, as does the edit town mode. I can play for hours (since stopping the crash error) with very minimal lag, the only issue during gameplay is occassionally the textures on the furniture takes a few seconds to appear.

So far I have tried;

the advice given on this thread - https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t12708-solving-simple-lags-and-making-game-faster-changing-clothes-are-faster

As well as downloading the 'Advanced System Care 8' program that admin suggested to improve game speed on another thread. I don't know what to do! I originally had 'Into the Future' and 2 other stuff packs installed and I had to remove them to try and speed up CAH and it's just painful now.

I have no CC installed, I used the Ultimate Fix after initial installation of the game (do I need to re-do this since I installed expansion packs?) and I've had to turn the sim quality down to 'medium' rather than 'high' and it's still lagging something terrible.

As I said, this isn't about the gameplay, just CAH and loading times. Help please, I don't know what to do! Help

Back to top Go down

CAH/CAS very slow Empty Re: CAH/CAS very slow

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 13:42

Sorry, forgot to note my PC is Windows 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jul 2015, 00:44

You meet the requirements for base game, but your system specs are really barely good enough, with all that extra stuff installed, the requirements go up quite a bit.
Mobile video cards use system ram and such as well.

Each expansion adds stuff to CAS, and obviously, the more you have there the more it takes to load it, even with way beyond recommended specs I had to get a mod to trim down my CAS view of items or have to wait  a minute or more to load some categories, like young adult clothing, or hairs with hats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jul 2015, 15:06

What Envy said, CAS is very slow when it comes to loading all previews of items and slow graphics card doesn't help. You can get nraas master controller and use it to set CAS to compact mode, that way it will only load one color preset for each item I believe. I haven't tried it myself yet, though I might have to resort to it as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 29 Jul 2015, 16:45

Hello,

Back when I had a slow PC, I used a mod to counter this issue. If you use Master Controller, you have the option to simplify CAS/CAH. 
Basically, that function lets you load only one colour of each item of clothing, instead of showing you 3 or more of each, and that greatly enhances CAS/CAH loading speeds. It's definitely worth a try.

Let us know if you need any other question answered about this issue. Good luck!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)