Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems after installing 1.67 update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems after installing 1.67 update Empty Problems after installing 1.67 update

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jul 2015, 19:28

I've spent hours now trying to fix this problem. I've had that kind of problem before but then it somehow got fixed itself (i honestly don't know how) after i did'nt play the game for months. I played again yesterday and had lots of fun. Now today i thought i would finally make that update and download some official free stuff. Everyhing worked fine except the game. Now after the intro video there's just a blank main menu. I can't choose city, saved game etc. I've already searched for a solution from this forum (and from all kind of other forums) but i did not understand anything and as i've tryed so many things already then i honestly need some kind of step by step instructions how to fix that crap.
I can say that ultimate fix did nothing (it seamed to be kind of out of date????) I also tryed some kind of re-setting factory settings but it did totally nothing. It even did't react they ways that intructions told to do.
Do i really have to uninstall everyhing and just re-install the game? If so then how can i save previous game? So i don't need to start my whole game from the beginning.
Shocked

Back to top Go down

Problems after installing 1.67 update Empty Re: Problems after installing 1.67 update

Post by Phoebe Mon 27 Jul 2015, 22:41

Hello,

It sounds like there have been two possible problem for you. The most likely one is, one of those free stuff(CCs) are corrupted and just messed your game.

It's really easy to understand if it's the problem. Please go to your documents folder and rename your "Sims 3" file whatever you want, for example Sims 3try.
Then open the game again let it create the documents file. Just check the game if the problem continues. 
If it does, it means problem is about something else than your CCs. If it works without any problem, that means you have downloaded come corrupted files and ruined your game. And probably not adding those newly downloaded files to the game will solve the problem.

Please try this and let us know the result. Good luck!  The Sims Plumbob 1
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Problems after installing 1.67 update Empty Re: Problems after installing 1.67 update

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jul 2015, 20:44

Well that re-naming The Sims 3 never worked so probably tehere is sitll problem with the new stuff. So i should just uninstall and delete all that stuff?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jul 2015, 18:29

Could at last somebody teach me how to save game saves from uninstalling so i dont need to start whole game again???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Jul 2015, 04:05

Just move your entire Sims 3 folder from documents somewhere else (from C:\Users\Your username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 if you're on Windows 7), that way it can't get removed through uninstall. Once you reinstall your game, place it back where it belongs and that's it really.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 31 Jul 2015, 05:25

Navitrolla wrote:Well that re-naming The Sims 3 never worked so probably tehere is sitll problem with the new stuff. So i should just uninstall and delete all that stuff?

urmom wrote:Just move your entire Sims 3 folder from documents somewhere else (from C:\Users\Your username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 if you're on Windows 7), that way it can't get removed through uninstall. Once you reinstall your game, place it back where it belongs and that's it really.

//MOVED

Moving the folder somewhere else is not necessary (and in fact will only cause unnecessary complications). It is more than enough to just rename it, if you want it to be safe from un-installing. Plus, the fact that renaming doesn't work indicates that the problem lies elsewhere, than in your saves or CC. No need for an un-install yet.

Look in My Documents\Electronic Arts. If you haven't done anything with the folders yet you should see one folder "The Sims 3" that you renamed at the beginning (into something else) and a freshly created one, named The Sims 3. Delete the freshly created one. And then leave your renamed folder untouched.

Now please repeat the steps #2, #4 and#5 here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

While applying the manual patch, do not interrupt the patching process please and wait until the patcher has finished. Then apply the Ultimate fix as described. 

After doing that, change the renamed folder (in My Documents\Electronic Arts) back to what it was originally: namely "The Sims 3", which will bring back all your saves and CC basically. Start the game, and if you did everything right, you should be able to play again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top