Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 - Pets: Sim-Pet Interaction Problem (UPDATE: plus two other problems) [1 OF 3 PROBLEMS SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 - Pets: Sim-Pet Interaction Problem (UPDATE: plus two other problems) [1 OF 3 PROBLEMS SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 - Pets: Sim-Pet Interaction Problem (UPDATE: plus two other problems) [1 OF 3 PROBLEMS SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 24 Oct 2011, 22:09

Good day Games4theWorld and gamers!

I have a problem regarding the The Sims 3: Pets. I can't make sims interact to their pets but I can in the opposite way. It's like when I'm on a sim and I click on a pet, nothing happens. But when I am on a pet and click on a sim, it works. Do you guys have a fix for this? It really is annoying to me.

Update: I also have problems on the car called "2011 Ford Fiesta" and the hot tubs.

Here is the video:

Problem #1 Fix: Remove instant skills and fast increment skill gain.package cheat/CC.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Thespian24 on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 15:04; edited 6 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 - Pets: Sim-Pet Interaction Problem (UPDATE: plus two other problems) [1 OF 3 PROBLEMS SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 - Pets: Sim-Pet Interaction Problem (UPDATE: plus two other problems) [1 OF 3 PROBLEMS SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 25 Oct 2011, 10:19

Hello,
Are you using mods/cc at all? Please not that all user created mods and objects need to be updated for compatibility with the Pets expansion pack.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 - Pets: Sim-Pet Interaction Problem (UPDATE: plus two other problems) [1 OF 3 PROBLEMS SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 - Pets: Sim-Pet Interaction Problem (UPDATE: plus two other problems) [1 OF 3 PROBLEMS SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 25 Oct 2011, 21:44

I have CCs and mods. So are you saying that I should remove them all? Is there any other way to get rid of this problem and have those CCs and mods kept at the same time?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 25 Oct 2011, 21:51

Thespian24 wrote:I have CCs and mods. So are you saying that I should remove them all? Is there any other way to get rid of this problem and have those CCs and mods kept at the same time?
Hello,

First remove/backup them to see the result, then we'll find a solution afterwards.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Oct 2011, 07:19

Not to hijack the thread but I just updated all my mods and I could interact with my pet just fine until NRass reset my sim after an error had occurred with the sim.

I tried reseting the lot and seeing if that helped, as well as restarting the game completely but nothing has worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 26 Oct 2011, 09:34

Hello,
Everything I've read about this problem indicates it has to do with outdated mods.
Mods will have to be redownloaded, cc can possibly be fixed, just follow the steps on this page.

Leech wrote:Not to hijack the thread but I just updated all my mods and I could interact with my pet just fine until NRass reset my sim after an error had occurred with the sim.

I tried reseting the lot and seeing if that helped, as well as restarting the game completely but nothing has worked.

I've had the error trap catch one of my cats a number of times but that didn't lead to problems afterwards. It may depend on why the sim or pet was reset, you might want to have a look at the error log yourself or post at their forum.
You may want to keep quiet about where you got your game though.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Oct 2011, 10:12

I'll be sure to send a rar file to Twallan about this and see if he can catch what's up.

Might just be an EA thing because I adopted two new pets after my first and I could interact with the cat for awhile but it wore off but I can still interact with the puppy no problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Oct 2011, 23:52

@ ElDi

Is this proven working?

edit: It did NOT work. I've converted all my The Sims files and the problem/s are still there. I may have to reinstall the whole game again, I think.

@ topic

I have created a video of all these problems but I can't post it here
since I am new here and my account is not yet 7 days old. Watch it on
my YouTube channel instead. It is entitled The Sims 3 - Pets (problems) uploaded by John24Productions.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 27 Oct 2011, 09:00

Hello,
I just watched you video, which was somewhat hilarious at some point!
I've seen the hot tub bug before while I was searching for bugs, and with my own game I've noticed that riding a bike is weird in The Sims 3 Pets, the bike travels on its own and my sim sits some distance from the bike in a 90 degree angle to it. Ah I'll make a screenshot of it next time I play.
As for the sim-pet interaction problem, I have found the thread I read yesterday here, almost everyone solves this issue by removing or updating mods. Same thing here.
Admin and Narong if you want to watch the video, the link is here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:23

The issue with my pet-interaction thing was I extracted some Sim3Pack files to the mods folder without know, lol, used the Delphy Dashboard and removed everything that didn't fit.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:41

The Sims 3 - Pets: Sim-Pet Interaction Problem (UPDATE: plus two other problems) [1 OF 3 PROBLEMS SOLVED] Imnu41
Here's my odd bike screenshot.
(Which is a lot smaller than I expected lol)
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 27 Oct 2011, 16:18

Leech wrote:The issue with my pet-interaction thing was I extracted some Sim3Pack files to the mods folder without know, lol, used the Delphy Dashboard and removed everything that didn't fit.
Hello,

That video was very funny indeed! Anyhow, I remember solving the last problem on the video (the one with the tub) by removing all Custom Content and Mods and/or updating them all. That problem is definitely caused by CC and/or Mods which are incompatible with (that version of) the game.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Oct 2011, 21:57

Does that mean I have to also remove all mods that you guys have uploaded (e.g. Store Contents, Worlds)? Or should I only delete those custom contents and mods I downloaded from different sites?

I really appreciate your help guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 27 Oct 2011, 23:53

Hello,
Store content should be ok.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Oct 2011, 00:54

If the CCs are not working "properly" anymore with the The Sims 3 Pets, where can I now get new updated contents? I mean the game will not be as cool without CCs installed so do you know a site where to get these "up-to-date" contents? Is The Sims Resource already up-to-date with their downloads? Because I normally download from Mod the Sims.

edit: Problem #1 Fix: Remove instant skills and fast increment skill gain.package cheat/CC.

//EDIT

Any updates guys?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 06 Nov 2011, 22:10

Hello,
I know that The Sims Resource has a tool available to fix cc's, you can read more here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jan 2012, 00:01

I've tried that before but it didn't fix it.

edit:

Any 'official' fix yet for these problems guys?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 27 Jan 2012, 09:59

Hello,
Ok what if.. You sell your faulty objects, and buy new ones. That has worked for me in the past. Existing objects are sometimes not properly upgraded and that's not a problem usually, but since the way objects work has changed quite a bit with Pets, getting new objects might solve this problem.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2012, 15:25

Okay, so there's no official fix yet? That's all right. Thanks for the comment though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top