Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

problems installing WA with PETS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

problems installing WA with PETS Empty problems installing WA with PETS

Post by Guest Sun 06 Nov 2011, 20:47

Hello all :newfag: I just want to say first off, I LOVE this site. I get every expansion and stuff pack that comes out, from this site. I even downloaded Sims Medieval and Medieval Pirates and Nobels. The installing process is so super easy, I've even recommended it to my friend. Which is why I'm asking this question. I'm trying to help him get Sims 3 on his computer too, but I'm having trouble..

I downloaded the base game, pets, world adventures, ambitions, and late night. I originally followed the instructions, and installed the base game with pets next. Then I went back and attempted to install wa. When I tried it, I never could get it to go, it kept saying "please insert disk 1" during the download. So I just closed everything. I deleted Pets to see if it would install that way, and it still said the same thing. So I just gave up, and left it alone. But when I would try to play the base game, it would say I needed to connect to the internet to verify ownership. When I did connect it, it said that the generated code was wrong. And every code I tried to generate after that was wrong. But I did fix the problem. I uninstalled completely, deleted all files, and redownloaded everything. The base game works now, but I'm still wanting the other expansions. So here's my questions.. How do I get WA to install after installing Pets? And, Is it wiser to wait to install WA until the very last?

Back to top Go down

problems installing WA with PETS Empty Re: problems installing WA with PETS

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 06 Nov 2011, 20:51

Hello,
That shouldn't be a problem at all, so I'm wondering which software was used to extract the files.
Trying to register the game isn't going to work. The registration key is unique and not the same as the serial key you use to install the game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Nov 2011, 21:11

I used WinRAR to extract all files before trying to install them.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 06 Nov 2011, 21:18

Hello,
That's good.
Have you tried installing them in release order?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 06 Nov 2011, 21:28

No, I didn't try that. I didn't know if it would mess it up or not.
But I'll try it and let you know what happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 06 Nov 2011, 21:38

Hello,
Make sure to restart your pc before reinstalling.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011, 07:44

Q1: would it hurt it if I started it without restarting?

Q2: it said that I would need to update the game before I can play, but I don't have internet to that particular computer, how can I get around around that?

and Q3: it still says insert disk 1, but I don't have a disk 1 file except for the base game, what do I do here?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 10 Nov 2011, 14:42

Hello,
If you're uninstalling and reinstalling The Sims 3, you have to restart the pc after you've completely uninstalled everything. If you don't, your game wont work.
You could download the manual patch and transfer it to your pc using a usb stick or something like that.
If you're getting the "insert disk 1" error when installing Pets, your solution is found here.
Good luck, and let us know if there's anything else we can help with!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Nov 2011, 22:27

when I installed pets, it worked fine, so I have no problems with that, the insert disk 1 is with wa. Sorry I didn't make that clear before. But the base game works fine now. It's just installing wa that's giving me problems.
and thank you bunches for answering my second question Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 10 Nov 2011, 22:54

xjessyx wrote:when I installed pets, it worked fine, so I have no problems with that, the insert disk 1 is with wa. Sorry I didn't make that clear before. But the base game works fine now. It's just installing wa that's giving me problems.
and thank you bunches for answering my second question Smile
Hello,

Does it asks for a Disk during the installation itself? If yes, please try the following:

Open the .rar file you downloaded using only WinRar, which can be downloaded from www.games4theworld.org . (If you use any other software than WinRar, like WinZip or 7-zip, the files will get messed up!)When
you've opened the file using WinRar, select áll the files in it and
drag & drop them to a folder on your Desktop. When the extraction is
done, close the .rar file and open the folder on your Desktop.
Now,
start by reading the included "# Installation Guide.txt" and you should
be able to get the game to work yourself. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011, 03:59

Hi,

and yes. When I try to install World Adventures, it says 'Please Insert Disk 1'. I've read through the '# Installation Guide.txt' that came with the World Adventures folder and there's nothing in there about a 'Please Insert Disk 1'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 11 Nov 2011, 16:34

xjessyx wrote:Hi,

and yes. When I try to install World Adventures, it says 'Please Insert Disk 1'. I've read through the '# Installation Guide.txt' that came with the World Adventures folder and there's nothing in there about a 'Please Insert Disk 1'.
Hello,

Kindly carefully read my previous post.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Nov 2011, 21:20

Ok, sorry. I did read it, but I read it more thorough this time. And the thing is, the computer doesn't have the internet yet, so I took a jump-drive and moved the folders one by one as they downloaded to the computer. I had already used WinRAR and opened them before moving, so I don't know if that would have anything to do with it. But after they had been moved, I put them on the desktop and tried to install that way.
Now, for the next part of it...
I read the installation guide, and followed it step by step all the way. Everything went fine, it started to install, until it came up and said 'Please Insert Disk 1' I think the file it's supposed to be containing is something dealing with cas. This is where I'm stuck. The installation guide for wa mentions nothing about an Insert Disk 1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 12 Nov 2011, 00:24

xjessyx wrote:Ok, sorry. I did read it, but I read it more thorough this time. And the thing is, the computer doesn't have the internet yet, so I took a jump-drive and moved the folders one by one as they downloaded to the computer. I had already used WinRAR and opened them before moving, so I don't know if that would have anything to do with it. But after they had been moved, I put them on the desktop and tried to install that way.
Now, for the next part of it...
I read the installation guide, and followed it step by step all the way. Everything went fine, it started to install, until it came up and said 'Please Insert Disk 1' I think the file it's supposed to be containing is something dealing with cas. This is where I'm stuck. The installation guide for wa mentions nothing about an Insert Disk 1.
Hello,

You must use the original .rar file and extract it using ONLY WINRAR, NOTHING else. It'll mess up the files. If the extraction is done correctly, it won't ask for a disk.
Be sure to use only WinRar and not something like WinZip, 7-zip of anything else.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Nov 2011, 02:53

They were extracted with WinRAR. I don't use any other program than that. Could me extracting them on a different computer, then moving them over to the computer I'm trying to install them on, have anything to with it? Because as I said before, I extracted the folder on the computer that has internet, then I put the entire extracted folder on a flash-drive and moved it to a different computer. But I did the same with the base game and Pets, and they installed fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 12 Nov 2011, 23:41

xjessyx wrote:They were extracted with WinRAR. I don't use any other program than that. Could me extracting them on a different computer, then moving them over to the computer I'm trying to install them on, have anything to with it? Because as I said before, I extracted the folder on the computer that has internet, then I put the entire extracted folder on a flash-drive and moved it to a different computer. But I did the same with the base game and Pets, and they installed fine.
Hello,

Please try as following:

1. Download WinRAR 4.00 HERE. (Direct link)
2. Keep the torrent and copy it to your PC without internet. (Using an USB stick or something)
3. Install the WinRAR 4.00 on your PC without internet.
4. Copy the .rar file you downloaded for the game itself. (So don't copy the extracted files!)
5. Extract the .rar file on your PC without internet, using the instructions I provided earlier.
6. Now start the installation and see if it works.

Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)