Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help me! I'm lost!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please help me! I'm lost!  Empty Please help me! I'm lost!

Post by Guest Thu 22 Sep 2011, 21:50

Hi G4TW, I followed your instructions carefully and installed my base Sims with 3 other expansions in order which is Generations, Ambitions and Late Night. After installation i updated it to the latest version which is 1.24 and copied the crack from Town Life/Generations folder in your ultimate sims fix folder into my base sims directory. After everything is done i started the launcher and checked for updates and there is none so I clicked Play Game. After that a black screen comes out and there is an error saying the program is not responding so on and so on and asked to send a report to microsoft. So i assume that I did something wrong or I applied the wrong crack or installed wrongly. SO.. I uninstalled everything + deleting the old folders and installed the base Sims 3 again.. After installation I updated it to version 1.24 and didn't install anymore expansions to it just to find out what's the problem. After updating, I copied the crack from Town Life/Generations again into the Bin folder and started the launcher.. Checked for updates and started the game.. Then a message box from EA popped up saying I need to re-enter my registration code which is invalid.. I tried and tried and i couldnt get past it.. Close my internet connection and it asked me to connect to the internet to verify my product. So what have I done wrongly in my installation process? Please help me I want to play the game so badly! Thanks in advance!!

Back to top Go down

Please help me! I'm lost!  Empty Re: Please help me! I'm lost!

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 23 Sep 2011, 01:25

Hello,
The Generations/Town Life stuff crack wont work with just the base game, so you'll need to reinstall Generations at least.
I think the error you received was coincidental, or a launcher error. This can be solved by starting the gamewithout the launcher.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2011, 01:31

Ok I'll give it another go and reply as soon as possible to let you know about the situation.
The error I got happened everytime I started the game, it seems only if I patched correctly then the error appears.. Because when I didn't the EA thing keeps prompting.. Many issues to discuss here, will get back to you A.S.A.P.
Your response is very much appreciated!

//EDIT

Just to make sure.. Install Sims 3 then Generations.. Then copy the files from ultimate fix base sims 3 folder and generations.. Then update to 1.24 and then copy crack from crack file.. Am I correct?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2011, 08:42

I installed Generations and town and it work great also he made a video that helps alot also. When I try it just with generations added it did not work so I added both town and gen. you can find the video in fix I think. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 23 Sep 2011, 10:55

Hello,
Yes the instructionvideo is quite handy and can be found here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2011, 14:46

Hi,
Did everything in order and the game crashed right after I clicked play and I tried without the launcher as well, still got the same results.. What should I do? Did I do anything wrong? I installed both the games, then I copied the files from Generations and Sims 3 base from the ultimate fix folder to the game folder.. And then ran update and then applied the crack.. Did I miss out something or did something wrongly? Trying DEP now..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2011, 15:02

Ok!
There is an error report after I click start game but when I alt+tab, the game is running behind.. And the error message is behind and I can ignore it while I play.. Is that something you have come across? I entered the game and I alt+tab again to press the "Dont Send Error Report" button and the game closes.. Is that normal? Or is it a DEP problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top