Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 problem since upgrading to win 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 problem since upgrading to win 10 Empty Sims 4 problem since upgrading to win 10

Post by Guest Thu 06 Aug 2015, 18:28

hi
sims 4 was running fine on my win 7 os but since i upgraded i get this..Sims 4 problem since upgrading to win 10 Untitl11
 i have tried so many things to fix this deleted sims 4 folder with all my saves etc
uninstalled and reinstalled

can anyone shed any light pls

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 problem since upgrading to win 10 Empty Re: Sims 4 problem since upgrading to win 10

Post by Guest Thu 06 Aug 2015, 19:28

Hi,
you probably came to the conclusion yourself, that the upgrade f**** something up.

But i can confirm that Sims 4 runs on Windows 10 with (almost) no problem.

First, if not already done, you should apply the Ultimate Fix.
!!Dont forget to follow the instrucion and also install vcred (both x86 and x64)!!

Maybe the ultimate fix provides you with the files you are missing, if not come back to us here at the Forum Smile

Good Luck,
Tj

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 problem since upgrading to win 10 Empty Re: Sims 4 problem since upgrading to win 10

Post by Guest Fri 07 Aug 2015, 19:16

yeah figured that..
i have applied the fix but alas.. it hates me lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Aug 2015, 19:40

Sad

Maybe some currupt stayed even through the uninstallation... You should try a clean reinstall.

To make a clean reinstall first save the saves/mods-Folder from [Your Username]/Dokuments/Electronic Arts/Sims 4 and when they are saved delete the [Your Username]/Dokuments/Electronic Arts/Sims 4-folder, so no old (maybe courrupted) settings stay. Then uninstall all Sims 4´s (Base-Game + Addon) and after uninstalling navigate to your installation-path (standart: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts) and also delete the Sims 4-folder (if its not allready gone).

TJ

//Edit: and dont forget to apply the ultimate fix after reinstalling!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Aug 2015, 21:29

tried that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Aug 2015, 02:20

Clair-Chan, I am having the same problem. . . . Please if you should find a solution, I would love to know it. PM me when you find a fix ok? In the mean time, I will keep looking. Why. *what a headache*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top