Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin error, YES I HAVE TRIED *EVERYTHING* [SOLVED when upgrading from Windows Vista to 7]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin error, YES I HAVE TRIED *EVERYTHING* [SOLVED when upgrading from Windows Vista to 7] Empty Origin error, YES I HAVE TRIED *EVERYTHING* [SOLVED when upgrading from Windows Vista to 7]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Aug 2015, 04:36

i followed the video provided, i followed the text instructions provided, i've moved the folder to another folder, then ANOTHER folder, I've made exceptions in the antivirus, turned off every single antivirus,  uninstalled and reinstalled at least 5 times, taken out all cc, deleted all folders pertaining to sims, uninstalled origin, reinstalled origin and rebooted, I HAVE DONE EVERY SINGLE THING THERE IS TO DO AND I AM STILL HAVING THIS PROBLEM. Excuse me if I'm being a little capslock-y, I'm just about to lose my mind over this as I've been trying for 2 or 3 days.

I tried installing the non-updated version, and that worked fine. I then had it updated and working at one point, but 1/2 my cc and the dlc hair and clothing weren't showing up so I thought uninstalling and reinstalling would fix it. As you can tell, it did not.

Again, sorry if I'm frustrated. Help, please.

Origin error, YES I HAVE TRIED *EVERYTHING* [SOLVED when upgrading from Windows Vista to 7] A2ctflu

Back to top Go down

Origin error, YES I HAVE TRIED *EVERYTHING* [SOLVED when upgrading from Windows Vista to 7] Empty Re: Origin error, YES I HAVE TRIED *EVERYTHING* [SOLVED when upgrading from Windows Vista to 7]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Aug 2015, 06:30

i think you do not move the folder, you move the contents of the folder

Back to top Go down

Origin error, YES I HAVE TRIED *EVERYTHING* [SOLVED when upgrading from Windows Vista to 7] Empty Re: Origin error, YES I HAVE TRIED *EVERYTHING* [SOLVED when upgrading from Windows Vista to 7]

Post by Guest Thu 27 Aug 2015, 08:03

ChuckieM wrote:i think you do not move the folder, you move the contents of the folder
I tried both things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Aug 2015, 17:55

taebaby131 wrote:i followed the video provided, i followed the text instructions provided, i've moved the folder to another folder, then ANOTHER folder, I've made exceptions in the antivirus, turned off every single antivirus,  uninstalled and reinstalled at least 5 times, taken out all cc, deleted all folders pertaining to sims, uninstalled origin, reinstalled origin and rebooted, I HAVE DONE EVERY SINGLE THING THERE IS TO DO AND I AM STILL HAVING THIS PROBLEM. Excuse me if I'm being a little capslock-y, I'm just about to lose my mind over this as I've been trying for 2 or 3 days.

I tried installing the non-updated version, and that worked fine. I then had it updated and working at one point, but 1/2 my cc and the dlc hair and clothing weren't showing up so I thought uninstalling and reinstalling would fix it. As you can tell, it did not.

Origin error, YES I HAVE TRIED *EVERYTHING* [SOLVED when upgrading from Windows Vista to 7] A2ctflu

Hi there, @taebaby131! Very Happy

What Origin error exactly is the one you are getting? Is Origin popping up when you try to start the game, or do you get an 'Origin isn't running' error? And what version of the Ultimate Fix did you download? The one divided in 5 parts, or the torrent version?

You said you moved the folder to 'another folder'. Where exactly did you move it? And what folder is the one you moved? It helps a lot when you are specific about the steps you followed, being very clear about what you did. What antivirus' are the ones you have? You said you had multiple. And is Windows Defender active right now? Also, what Windows version is the one you have?

It's normal that some of the CC is not working in certain versions of the game, as each patch changes the compatibility. You need to get the ones that are for your current version of the game.

Now: there's no need to lose your mind over this. If you are frustrated, take a little break, and get back to it when you are feeling a little better. There's no need to worry, this error does have a solution, and it will work. But getting desperate will probably make you miss some thing, possibly causing problems. It's best to approach the problem with a clear mind.
Let us know any updates on the matter. We are here to help you, after all. Good luck! I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Aug 2015, 19:52

SeoY wrote:
taebaby131 wrote:i followed the video provided, i followed the text instructions provided, i've moved the folder to another folder, then ANOTHER folder, I've made exceptions in the antivirus, turned off every single antivirus,  uninstalled and reinstalled at least 5 times, taken out all cc, deleted all folders pertaining to sims, uninstalled origin, reinstalled origin and rebooted, I HAVE DONE EVERY SINGLE THING THERE IS TO DO AND I AM STILL HAVING THIS PROBLEM. Excuse me if I'm being a little capslock-y, I'm just about to lose my mind over this as I've been trying for 2 or 3 days.

Hi there, @taebaby131! Very Happy

What Origin error exactly is the one you are getting? Is Origin popping up when you try to start the game, or do you get an 'Origin isn't running' error? And what version of the Ultimate Fix did you download? The one divided in 5 parts, or the torrent version?

You said you moved the folder to 'another folder'. Where exactly did you move it? And what folder is the one you moved? It helps a lot when you are specific about the steps you followed, being very clear about what you did. What antivirus' are the ones you have? You said you had multiple. And is Windows Defender active right now? Also, what Windows version is the one you have?

It's normal that some of the CC is not working in certain versions of the game, as each patch changes the compatibility. You need to get the ones that are for your current version of the game.

Now: there's no need to lose your mind over this. If you are frustrated, take a little break, and get back to it when you are feeling a little better. There's no need to worry, this error does have a solution, and it will work. But getting desperate will probably make you miss some thing, possibly causing problems. It's best to approach the problem with a clear mind.
Let us know any updates on the matter. We are here to help you, after all. Good luck! I tip my fedora.

First of all, thanks for understanding my frustration when I posted this. Makes me feel not so crazy  I love you

Now to answer your questions-

I'm currently getting the "origin isn't running" error. 

I downloaded the torrent version. 

First i moved the The Sims 4 folder to a folder on my desktop, which worked for a time but then i uninstalled trying to fix broken dlc stuff. Then I reinstalled, and I moved the folder to Program Files (x86) Which gave me the origin error. I then tried moving to my desktop again, but I still got the error.

The antiviruses I have are Norton(I uninstalled this one as it hasn't been active for years) Webroot(Everytime I install a torrented game I turn this one off completely so it doesn't give false positives and break cracks. It's been working fine so far.) and Windows Defender(I tried turning this off, still got the error, tried putting exceptions in, still got the error.)

I am currently running Windows Vista, unfortunately...  Sad

Again, sorry for getting so frustrated. I tend to get caught up in things like this and spirals into something more than it should be OTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Aug 2015, 21:44

Did you ever get anywhere with fixing it. . . Its doing the same thing to me. . . I need HELP. . .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Aug 2015, 22:49

BadAzzHomo wrote:Did you ever get anywhere with fixing it. . . Its doing the same thing to me. . . I need HELP. . .

No, not yet. I'm still waiting on someone from gftw to maybe figure something out. I'm taking a days break from trying to fix it myself. Hopefully we all come up with something soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Aug 2015, 20:21

I got mine to work by putting ( The Sims 4 ) program file to my desktop. . .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Aug 2015, 22:20

BadAzzHomo wrote:I got mine to work by putting ( The Sims 4 ) program file to my desktop. . .
yeah I tried that... I'm glad it worked for you though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Aug 2015, 00:40

It didn't. . .   none of the updates were on there. . . .   I had to restore my computer and then I went step by step. . .   Everything works now. . .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Aug 2015, 00:41

I was having this problem. I had the Sims4.rar file, but the ultimate fix file I downloaded from Kickass Torrents wasn't the one from Games4theworld. I uninstalled everything, downloaded the correct Ultimate Fix, installed Sims 4 base game, but I specifically chose where to install it, so no need to move it. I then copied over the Ultimate Fix and it's all working now. Give that a go and see if it helps.

Also, 3 Antivirus programs at the same time will cause you all sorts of problems as they interfere with each other. And you really need to upgrade from Vista, if you can get the free Win10 upgrade, do it. It would run a lot better than Vista.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Aug 2015, 02:57

scaper1812 wrote:I was having this problem. I had the Sims4.rar file, but the ultimate fix file I downloaded from Kickass Torrents wasn't the one from Games4theworld. I uninstalled everything, downloaded the correct Ultimate Fix, installed Sims 4 base game, but I specifically chose where to install it, so no need to move it. I then copied over the Ultimate Fix and it's all working now. Give that a go and see if it helps.

Also, 3 Antivirus programs at the same time will cause you all sorts of problems as they interfere with each other. And you really need to upgrade from Vista, if you can get the free Win10 upgrade, do it. It would run a lot better than Vista.
I tried choosing where to install it, but it never worked it always ended up in the same electronic arts folder.

Also, trust me- I wish I could upgrade from vista but definitely not to windows 10... ive heard that messes up a lot of stuff. I really wish i could get windows 7 but I also don't want to wipe my computer, plus I'm broke as hell..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 29 Aug 2015, 07:22

Did you exclude the torrents folder BEFORE you started downloading it? Can you check your anti-virus history/quarantine list to see if some file got caught?

I just added a direct download link to the cracked RldOrigin.dll file (which is the one usually detected by the anti virus), so you can download it and extract to the right folder (after disabling your anti virus real time protection on the folder you are extracting the file to, of course).

Link is in my video's description at YouTube!

Tea 5 Tea 5

How to Install The Sims 4 with Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day and all DLCs (with torrent link)!

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Aug 2015, 19:12

Sim Architect wrote:Did you exclude the torrents folder BEFORE you started downloading it? Can you check your anti-virus history/quarantine list to see if some file got caught?

I just added a direct download link to the cracked RldOrigin.dll file (which is the one usually detected by the anti virus), so you can download it and extract to the right folder (after disabling your anti virus real time protection on the folder you are extracting the file to, of course).

Link is in my video's description at YouTube!

Tea 5 Tea 5

How to Install The Sims 4 with Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day and all DLCs (with torrent link)!

I did exclude it before i downloaded it. I also checked my antivirus for any broken files, none so far. The RldOrigin.dll file is still in place. I appreciate you trying at least :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2015, 16:55

Did you ever get it to work . . . . Its working on one computer but not the other I did the same for both but cant get it on the other computer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2015, 18:22

taebaby131 wrote:First of all, thanks for understanding my frustration when I posted this. Makes me feel not so crazy  I love you

First i moved the The Sims 4 folder to a folder on my desktop, which worked for a time but then i uninstalled trying to fix broken dlc stuff. Then I reinstalled, and I moved the folder to Program Files (x86) Which gave me the origin error. I then tried moving to my desktop again, but I still got the error.

The antiviruses I have are Norton(I uninstalled this one as it hasn't been active for years) Webroot(Everytime I install a torrented game I turn this one off completely so it doesn't give false positives and break cracks. It's been working fine so far.) and Windows Defender(I tried turning this off, still got the error, tried putting exceptions in, still got the error.)

Again, sorry for getting so frustrated. I tend to get caught up in things like this and spirals into something more than it should be OTL

Hi again! Very Happy

Did you make sure to remove Norton using it's removal tool? That 'antivirus' (pretty bad one at that) is very persistent, running even when you disable it, or it's hidden and you don't realize. A removal tool exists for it, that helps in removing it completely from your computer. Sometimes uninstalling it from Programs and Features isn't enough. And did you re-extract and re-apply the Ultimate Fix, after configuring Windows Defender correctly? Even if you disabled it, it may already have messed up your Ultimate Fix, making it impossible for the game to work if you applied that same one. Re-extracting it should solve that issue. Also, extract it directly to the current game location, that by recommendation should be at Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4.

So, what's the current location of the game? And are you sure that you don't have several copies of it lying around? That could happen if you move it a lot from one location to another one.

Also make sure that Origin is completely closed, or this problem will appear.

taebaby131 wrote:I tried choosing where to install it, but it never worked it always ended up in the same electronic arts folder.

Also, trust me- I wish I could upgrade from vista but definitely not to windows 10... ive heard that messes up a lot of stuff. I really wish i could get windows 7 but I also don't want to wipe my computer, plus I'm broke as hell..

Yeah, that's a bug with our installer. It will always install the game to the same location. Sorry about that.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2015, 19:21

SeoY wrote:
taebaby131 wrote:First of all, thanks for understanding my frustration when I posted this. Makes me feel not so crazy  I love you

Hi again! Very Happy

Did you make sure to remove Norton using it's removal tool? That 'antivirus' (pretty bad one at that) is very persistent, running even when you disable it, or it's hidden and you don't realize. A removal tool exists for it, that helps in removing it completely from your computer. Sometimes uninstalling it from Programs and Features isn't enough. And did you re-extract and re-apply the Ultimate Fix, after configuring Windows Defender correctly? Even if you disabled it, it may already have messed up your Ultimate Fix, making it impossible for the game to work if you applied that same one. Re-extracting it should solve that issue. Also, extract it directly to the current game location, that by recommendation should be at Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4.

So, what's the current location of the game? And are you sure that you don't have several copies of it lying around? That could happen if you move it a lot from one location to another one.

taebaby131 wrote:I tried choosing where to install it, but it never worked it always ended up in the same electronic arts folder.

Yeah, that's a bug with our installer. It will always install the game to the same location. Sorry about that.

I've completely removed Norton, so no problem there.
I re-extracted it every time I installed.
I haven't tried extracting it directly to the sims 4 folder, though. I'll try that in a bit and tell you how it goes Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2015, 19:22

Im in the same situation. I did everything from reinstalling the fix, uninstalling every and each antivirus, but no, my game messed up after the update, Im still getting the same error.

I extracted it directly to Sims 4 folder and nope, still not working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Aug 2015, 21:54

taebaby131 wrote:
SeoY wrote:

Hi again! Very Happy

I've completely removed Norton, so no problem there.
I re-extracted it every time I installed.
I haven't tried extracting it directly to the sims 4 folder, though. I'll try that in a bit and tell you how it goes Smile

Still not working. 

For clarification, this is the error I am getting:

Origin error, YES I HAVE TRIED *EVERYTHING* [SOLVED when upgrading from Windows Vista to 7] SarX6Gy

Origin is 100% completely off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 01 Sep 2015, 00:56

Hi there!

Did you just remove Norton or did you ALSO disabled/uninstalled Windows Defender (it comes with the operating system and is re-enabled when you uninstall a 3rd party anti-virus)?

You can try to re-apply the "crack only" (which only contains the DLL most anti virus will delete/quarantine) version if you'd like to your game folder (at the same folder your TS4.exe is, probably "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin", which link is also at my video's description as of today. Smile

Also, remember to create a new link for the game at the new location. Or, even better, as some people suggested, try opening the place where the game is "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin", right clicking "TS4.exe" and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Another idea that worked for some is to have the latest possible version of origin running, but at OFF LINE MODE (so it won't disable your DLC).

Please, let's know if you got it working out or if we can help you further.

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Sep 2015, 02:11

Sim Architect wrote:Hi there!

Did you just remove Norton or did you ALSO disabled/uninstalled Windows Defender (it comes with the operating system and is re-enabled when you uninstall a 3rd party anti-virus)?

You can try to re-apply the "crack only" (which only contains the DLL most anti virus will delete/quarantine) version if you'd like to your game folder (at the same folder your TS4.exe is, probably "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin", which link is also at my video's description as of today. Smile

Also, remember to create a new link for the game at the new location. Or, even better, as some people suggested, try opening the place where the game is "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin", right clicking "TS4.exe" and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Another idea that worked for some is to have the latest possible version of origin running, but at OFF LINE MODE (so it won't disable your DLC).

Tea 5 Tea 5

Removed norton, disabled windows defender, still didn't work.
The DLL hasn't been removed, broken, or quarantined at all.
I usually open it directly from the program files folder, though i have tried a shortcut and no luck.
I tried the thing with origin you just mentioned and, unfortunately, no luck :\ This game just doesn't want to work for me it seems  Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Sep 2015, 10:58

Thanks to Sim Architect, I managed to get my game working by moving my broken game into a new folder in C, extracted the spa day & cool kitchen again into that new file and clicked yes to every change. I also ran the exe as Administrator. Did you try extracting the fix into that new folder again?

Edit: I deleted the Sims 4 file in Electronic Arts too, just to make sure they dont break each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 01 Sep 2015, 15:22

taebaby131 wrote:
Sim Architect wrote:Hi there!

Tea 5 Tea 5

Removed norton, disabled windows defender, still didn't work.
The DLL hasn't been removed, broken, or quarantined at all.
I usually open it directly from the program files folder, though i have tried a shortcut and no luck.
I tried the thing with origin you just mentioned and, unfortunately, no luck :\ This game just doesn't want to work for me it seems  Crying or Very sad
Please, try downloading the crack only (current link in my video's description) version of the torrent, then replacing your DLL file with it, remembering to disable the anti virus as usual, of course.

Also, try renaming your "The Sims 4" folder inside of your "Documents" to see if it changes anything. Let's not give up, we'll find a way for the game to work on your computer too, somehow, even if it takes some time to figure things out, we have some more experienced users around who can help Wink

Tea 5 Tea 5

Cansin wrote:Thanks to Sim Architect, I managed to get my game working by moving my broken game into a new folder in C, extracted the spa day & cool kitchen again into that new file and clicked yes to every change. I also ran the exe as Administrator. Did you try extracting the fix into that new folder again?

Edit: I deleted the Sims 4 file in Electronic Arts too, just to make sure they dont break each other.
Thanks!! Very well put, sometimes the shortcuts won't work, no matter what, so the solution is to open the folder where the game is installed and right clicking it directly to run as administrator (Chrome is showing this issue here, also, crazy, huh?).

Let's keep trying until we find a fix!

Tea 4 Tea 4
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Sep 2015, 06:16

UPDATE ON THE SITUATION!

So I upgraded from windows vista to windows 7, redownloaded everything, installed as instructed, and boom it's fixed.

Origin error, YES I HAVE TRIED *EVERYTHING* [SOLVED when upgrading from Windows Vista to 7] Tumblr_lk0eihMQgj1qcq0wz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 16 Sep 2015, 06:40

taebaby131 wrote:UPDATE ON THE SITUATION!

So I upgraded from windows vista to windows 7, redownloaded everything, installed as instructed, and boom it's fixed.

Origin error, YES I HAVE TRIED *EVERYTHING* [SOLVED when upgrading from Windows Vista to 7] Tumblr_lk0eihMQgj1qcq0wz
AWESOME!!!

Problem solved, topic closed. Happy simming and be welcome back anytime!

They see me rolin' They see me rolin' They see me rolin' They see me rolin'
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top