Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am almost finding a workaround to play cracked DLC's on LEGIT sims 4 [Help me]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I am almost finding a workaround to play cracked DLC's on LEGIT sims 4 [Help me] Empty I am almost finding a workaround to play cracked DLC's on LEGIT sims 4 [Help me]

Post by Guest Thu 06 Aug 2015, 18:36

Hello guys, i have Sims 4 original, legit, but like may others, when the first dlc's started to come out, i turned into piracy because i think its absurd to charge a lot of money for a bunch of hairstyles and animations, and since i am in university i have other priorities to spend money on.
So, like many people i am facing the dilemma of playing a bugged unpatched version of the game with expansions and crack, or a Vanilla, up to date version of the game, without anything.

So i cam out with an idea, what if i can make those files of DLC's act as mods.

This is what i tried:

I Edited resources.cfg in mods folder to accept many subfoldiers, and then i added in all the contents from the dlc's (I obtained them from separate torrents) .
When i went to game, for my suprise , the new content was all there!
It even appeared a big popup window saying that i can now place a Spa in my town, and i palced it.

now, here is where i start to need some community help\ ideas:

When the SPA was placed in my city, it said it was incomplete, then i went on to investigate, and it said my spa didnt have spa items.
Then i tried to manually place spa items, and for my susprise, the SPA items were all in the build menu, but in a LOCKED state. With the same icon of locked items u see in Items that require certain CAreer level to buy, but there was no Requirement showing.
all i need to do is find a way to unlock those items , and voilá, i have the cracked DLC's in my original game. (like i used to in sims 3)

My Theory:

I am assuming that somewhere on the DLC files , in the Item lists, there is some sort of Flag on each item saying they are DLC items so they check on Origin account.

Now this is where i need some help from modders \ experienced simmers.

I Think of 2 possible approeaches:

a python mod, that will unlock every item, regardless of any flags

and\or

modifying \ cloning the DLC items and removing said flags.

The other core features seem to be working fine. Selfy menu appears (get to work), the new lot types are listed, etc..
only the items seem to miss.

I am seriously asking for help, and if i manage to solve this problem, not only me, but everyone else that wants to play those newest dlc's will be able to!

Back to top Go down

I am almost finding a workaround to play cracked DLC's on LEGIT sims 4 [Help me] Empty Re: I am almost finding a workaround to play cracked DLC's on LEGIT sims 4 [Help me]

Post by Guest Thu 06 Aug 2015, 19:36

This Sounds interesting,

I Have Done a bit of modding in the past..

But i'm Afraid to Say that.. it was quite a long time ago
and i don't know how it works anymore.

Hopefully an experienced modder can help you out,

I Wish you the best of Luck.

///Bump

Back to top Go down

I am almost finding a workaround to play cracked DLC's on LEGIT sims 4 [Help me] Empty Re: I am almost finding a workaround to play cracked DLC's on LEGIT sims 4 [Help me]

Post by Guest Fri 07 Aug 2015, 04:35

I know that if you use the cheat bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheat then you can unlock locked items

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Aug 2015, 21:13

I have zero knowledge when it comes to that, but omg, if you manage to actually make it work it'd be awesome! Good luck  cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Aug 2015, 22:13

Sadly, this won't work. The security of these objects is hard-coded into the game code and you can't bypass it. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 20 Aug 2015, 07:28

IceMasterPT wrote:Hello guys, i have Sims 4 original, legit, but like may others, when the first dlc's started to come out, i turned into piracy because i think its absurd to charge a lot of money for a bunch of hairstyles and animations, and since i am in university i have other priorities to spend money on.
So, like many people i am facing the dilemma of playing a bugged unpatched version of the game with expansions and crack, or a Vanilla, up to date version of the game, without anything.

So i cam out with an idea, what if i can make those files of DLC's act as mods.

This is what i tried:

(...)

My Theory:

I am assuming that somewhere on the DLC files , in the Item lists, there is some sort of Flag on each item saying they are DLC items so they check on Origin account.

See the underlined part in the quote: you should not automatically assume that just because something is "patched", that bugs will go away. They might go away, or not. If you are familiar with the Sims franchise, you might recall that very often, new patches fix a few of the old bugs, but at the same time "introduce" a number of new bugs.

Secondly, you can bet that the EA coders have of course thought about the possibility of people messing with the game files. Assuming you edit the game files, the legit Sims 4 game will check the data on your computer against the info on external servers (which in turn contain info about your account). If the data don't correspond, I'm assuming that the game either won't start up at all, or the "changes" that you made in the game files are going to be nullified.

Believe it or not, tricking a system that requires some form of internet connection to run is not that easy. RELOADED have integrated an "Origin simulator" within their Sims 4 crack. While this type of crack is HIGHLY allergic to anti-virus and firewall systems, it is a way to play a cracked Sims 4 game. You really should not mess with legit games, and instead go for cracked ones, if you want additional content. At least as far as TS4 is concerned. Besides, there is a new fix out anyway:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20953-temporary-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix-version-1-10-57-1020-out-now
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top