Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legit and cracked sims 4?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legit and cracked sims 4? Empty Legit and cracked sims 4?

Post by Guest Thu 02 Feb 2017, 19:24

Hey, guys! Maybe this question was asked before but I can't find it. So I have the cracked version of the Sims 4 but since there is a sale on the legit game is there any chance I can have them both and work perfectly fine? Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Legit and cracked sims 4? Empty Re: Legit and cracked sims 4?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Feb 2017, 19:31

nikanpa wrote:Hey, guys! Maybe this question was asked before but I can't find it. So I have the cracked version of the Sims 4 but since there is a sale on the legit game is there any chance I can have them both and work perfectly fine? Thanks in advance!

Hello @nikanpa,

Yes, you can have both a legit and cracked game installed on the same computer. With some little tweaking, it is possible. The more pressing question is...what do you expect from buying the legit game? Is it because you want to support the developers? Keep in mind, that the only difference between a legit and cracked TS4 game is that in the Origin-version, you can access the "gallery" and download sims/lots.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Feb 2017, 19:49

Well, I want with time to have all the packs. Since I got used to playing with all of them I wouldn't even consider buying everything right now since all the pack is around 400 euro. But since there is a sale and it's with more reasonable prices I can get some now and improve with time. But I usually prefer legit games. Have the updates right away and not having to wait.
Can you specify the 'little tweaking'? Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Feb 2017, 20:18

nikanpa wrote:Well, I want with time to have all the packs. Since I got used to playing with all of them I wouldn't even consider buying everything right now since all the pack is around 400 euro. But since there is a sale and it's with more reasonable prices I can get some now and improve with time. But I usually prefer legit games. Have the updates right away and not having to wait.
Can you specify the 'little tweaking'? Thanks.

For starters, if you want to play both games you should keep the installations separate. The origin-games by default will install under C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games. The cracked TS4 will by default install under C:\Program files (x86) - see this post here for the details.

Then you need to pay attention to the folder "The Sims 4" under Documents\Electronic Arts. This post here can serve as an introduction; I suggest you read it very carefully:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Feb 2017, 20:20

Thank you very much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Feb 2017, 22:21

Oops, posted in wrong topic.

Last edited by professorchaos on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 23:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong topic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Feb 2017, 23:23

I created another Windows account but my games are still there. You see, I know this sounds dumb but my understandings about this kind of stuff are really narrow. If, for say, I delete the crack game on the newly-created account will I still have it on my primer one?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 03 Feb 2017, 00:06

nikanpa wrote:If, for say, I delete the crack game on the newly-created account will I still have it on my primer one?

Installations of games remain - normally - the same across different user accounts. But the main difference is the personal documents-folder. The location Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 should be different.

My opinion is, that the method with using different Windows accounts will only make sense if you have to share that same computer with other people living in your household.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Feb 2017, 07:41

Well, I don't but I feel like I will constantly forget to rename the folders ant etc. So I figured that this method might be easier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Feb 2017, 10:47

nikanpa wrote:Well, I don't but I feel like I will constantly forget to rename the folders ant etc. So I figured that this method might be easier.
I agree, one day or another you'll forget to change the name and your game could be ruined.
A simple Alt+Ctrl+Del > logout > login will switch between games and they are kept perfectly separated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Feb 2017, 11:01

So if I install Origin and everything on my newly created account over the cracked one, will the cracked one will still be playable on my main account?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Feb 2017, 16:02

No, you must install the origin related Sims 4 in a different folder.
By default that is C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 4.

The cracked installations should be (example) C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4.

Now you can access from both user accounts these installations but there will be separate folders in C:\user\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
So user 1 and user 2 have their own folders in Documents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Jun 2017, 18:51

Hey !
I recently came back to TS4 cuase i got more free time.
Until now I succeded to switch between Legit and Cracked game.
I found out that the crack for parenthood had been released, so I cracked it !
The Ligit game is installed on a non-default place : F(drive)/Games/The Sims 4
The Cracked game is installed on a non-default place : D(drive)/Games/The Sims 4

But now I cannot anymore switch between Legit and Cracked even by dealing with the name of the folder in Doduments/Electronics Arts .

Is it due to the new updates ? Do you know a way to make it work again ? 

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jun 2017, 00:57

simsjb3 wrote:Hey !
I recently came back to TS4 cuase i got more free time.
Until now I succeded to switch between Legit and Cracked game.
I found out that the crack for parenthood had been released, so I cracked it !
The Ligit game is installed on a non-default place : F(drive)/Games/The Sims 4
The Cracked game is installed on a non-default place : D(drive)/Games/The Sims 4

But now I cannot anymore switch between Legit and Cracked even by dealing with the name of the folder in Doduments/Electronics Arts .

Is it due to the new updates ? Do you know a way to make it work again ? 

Thanks
I suggest u should make 2 shortcut like this

Legit and cracked sims 4? Zzz10

just make sure u exit origin before open cracked ts4 and for now the game patch version is same so idont need to rename in document folder. i used same folder for both version without problem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top