Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having trouble with Origin blocking Sims 4 from opening? Here is what worked for me.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Having trouble with Origin blocking Sims 4 from opening? Here is what worked for me. Empty Having trouble with Origin blocking Sims 4 from opening? Here is what worked for me.

Post by Guest Tue 18 Aug 2015, 23:35

First of all, my install of The Sims 4 worked fine for months.  Then I opened Origin and it automatically updated. After that Sims 4 would get the messy pop up error you see written about in some of the other posts on here.

First, while you are thinking about it, turn of automatic updates in Origin.

If you have already installed The Sims 4 (and any updates) using the directions provided in the "# Installation Guide.pdf" You should have added the correct "exceptions" folders to your anti-virus program.

• If you do not have these folders added to your anti-virus exceptions, ADD THEM.
  • Just to make things easier, create a folder JUST FOR THE SIMS 4 DOWNLOAD FILES in your Downloads folder (or where ever you like) and ADD THAT FOLDER TO THE EXCEPTIONS LIST, TOO.

Now you will have to download the latest Ultimate Fix from G4TW, again. I disabled my Anti-virus (I use AVG) for about 10 minutes (drop down choice) just as an extra measure to prevent the needed files from being removed again, and mainly because I could not specify WHERE the download was to go (I did not want to add my whole download folder to the exceptions list). If you get a LOT of bad programs when disabled, better not do this.  It worked fine for me, though.

Go to your download folder and unpack the files. Immediately copy those files to your installation folder and overwrite your previous install.  You should not have to delete the files that are already there, or you will have to install the base game again, too.

Make sure Origin is not running, including the one in the task bar.

Sims 4 should now start up with no hitches.
Do not forget to activate your Ant-Virus program if you disabled it!

Hope that helps. If you still have problems, add a reply.  Someone on here probably has a solution!

Last edited by Starmanut on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 23:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added one more line.)

Back to top Go down

Having trouble with Origin blocking Sims 4 from opening? Here is what worked for me. Empty Re: Having trouble with Origin blocking Sims 4 from opening? Here is what worked for me.

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 11:18

I have this strange error where Origin will pop up when I double click on the sims,and all it does is prompts me to log in. I added each folder from C:\Program Files (86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to my exceptions list,yet all it does is bring up Origin. This is really getting frustrating.  No

I'll just wait for the Admin to release a simpler Ultimate Fix, I don't mind   Wink

Back to top Go down

Having trouble with Origin blocking Sims 4 from opening? Here is what worked for me. Empty Re: Having trouble with Origin blocking Sims 4 from opening? Here is what worked for me.

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 23:47

THIS worked for me. I extracted all the files in to their own folder in my downloads and windows defender has them as an exception and after that and moving the needed files to the appropriate folder my game opened

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top